Home

More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I just realized that in Maddens current state, hiding dev traits wont even matter. All you have to do is go and look how much XP a player earns for weekly training and you can figure it out for yourself. It will take a much bigger overhaul for this to be meaningful than just a toggle, and we know that will never happen.

EDIT: A way around this would to be hide all xp numbers, meters etc.

But then again, you still know who earns skill points faster and can deduct that way... It is a big rabbit hole. I have no expectations.

I may be completely off here, but I'm imagining when they say they are hiding these development traits that all rookies show they have normal or quick development ratings and progress as such. Then later in the year those who have one of the superstar traits flip over to it and start progressing at the higher rates. That would make the most sense to me. View it as the flip being switched for those guys and they adjust to the league faster than the other rookies who stay normal or quick development.

I cant see the devs being so shortsighted that they overlook the XP increase giving away the real trait or they simply hide it making it clear who has one of the superstar traits. I would think they would have though it throught and had something similar to what I just stated.

― Plato
Old 05-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #90
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclecurtis
I’m not happy with this reveal because the core issues that I ask for was not addressed and they have not do anything about adding offensive and defensive coordinators and not bring old features that would satisfy the madden loyalty’s that have supported this game when everyone else dogged this franchise for years and they aren’t even going to address them here was my top 5 features that was a must. 1. Dynamic weather and attendance in games. 2. Offensive and defensive cordnators . 3 players who are injured on the sidelines 4. Game highlights at half time 5.team Cheerleaders and mascots and fixing the Jumbotron scoreboard and betterplayer injury’s and more realistic penalty’s now that ps -5 is year away it’s no excuses after this year
This was the first reveal. Three more to come. And like you id like to se things brought back like OC and DC i the game but nobody will ever agree on everything. Like i dont see why we need to have cheerleaders and macots. For what? To see a 5-10 second segment that does nothing for the game?
There are so many things that need to be added or improved and still fixed in this game.If they hadn't ignored them for so long, there wouldnt be such a long list of things to add, re-add and fix.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 05-04-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:08 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I may be completely off here, but I'm imagining when they say they are hiding these development traits that all rookies show they have normal or quick development ratings and progress as such. Then later in the year those who have one of the superstar traits flip over to it and start progressing at the higher rates. That would make the most sense to me. View it as the flip being switched for those guys and they adjust to the league faster than the other rookies who stay normal or quick development.

I cant see the devs being so shortsighted that they overlook the XP increase giving away the real trait or they simply hide it making it clear who has one of the superstar traits. I would think they would have though it throught and had something similar to what I just stated.
According to the article in the franchise update thread we’ll know right away that they have an advanced development trait
8. The draft is always going to be something that needs work in Madden in some way, but I’m wondering how annoying it’s going to be to have to wait to find out a player’s development trait?

You get a payoff knowing that you have someone special. You will know they have an X-Factor or Superstar ability because you will see a hidden dev ability on their player card and on the lineup screen you will see the golden background to signify that this player has an abilities dev trait. You will know immediately this will be someone that can be a game-changing player for you. This player won’t have access to his X-Factor/Superstar abilities until they reach the downs threshold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Wow. Seems a bit silly and pointless to do it that way...

― Plato
Old 05-04-2019, 11:41 PM   #93
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
According to the article in the franchise update thread we’ll know right away that they have an advanced development trait
8. The draft is always going to be something that needs work in Madden in some way, but I’m wondering how annoying it’s going to be to have to wait to find out a player’s development trait?

You get a payoff knowing that you have someone special. You will know they have an X-Factor or Superstar ability because you will see a hidden dev ability on their player card and on the lineup screen you will see the golden background to signify that this player has an abilities dev trait. You will know immediately this will be someone that can be a game-changing player for you. This player won’t have access to his X-Factor/Superstar abilities until they reach the downs threshold.

I love how the question is worded. The whole "this sounds annoying to hide a dev trait". The question and all the releases are very clearly aimed at a difference crowd to sim
Old 05-05-2019, 12:35 AM   #94
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
I love how the question is worded. The whole "this sounds annoying to hide a dev trait". The question and all the releases are very clearly aimed at a difference crowd to sim

The way they did it literally makes NO sense. So you already know you have a star dev player..so why hide it? Its not like you are gonna cut them at that point...... this company man.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-05-2019, 01:26 AM   #95
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I don't like the sound of Boss Battles in Franchise. Even if it was just for FoTF, I wouldn't like the idea of it. But I understand what they are trying to do. Along with the Scenario Engine, they want to highlight star matchups and make it feel like a game within a game. The name " Boss Battles" just turns a lot off, it sounds like something that should be in MUT.
I hope the scenarios with these "Boss Battles" make sense. Like I don't want to see Pass Yardage goals attached to matchups against star DL. I don't want to see "This week you are facing Aaron Donald...Pass for over 300 yards". I want to see "Get sacked less than 3 times". I hope they include team matchups. It would ve nice to see "You're facing the #1 Pass Defense, Pass for over 400 yards to prove your a elite QB". That would provide something else to play for and make it feel like things are being tracked
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #96
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

I hope the scenarios with these "Boss Battles" make sense. Like I don't want to see Pass Yardage goals attached to matchups against star DL. I don't want to see "This week you are facing Aaron Donald...Pass for over 300 yards". I want to see "Get sacked less than 3 times". I hope they include team matchups. It would ve nice to see "You're facing the #1 Pass Defense, Pass for over 400 yards to prove your a elite QB". That would provide something else to play for and make it feel like things are being tracked
I really hope that the scenarios and goals tied to these "boss battles" make sense. Like you said "get sacked less than 3x" instead of throw for 300 yards. Because if you were to go up against Aaron Donald you would only care about ways to neutralize his pass rush. I don't care how many yards I throw for or rush for because that is determined by the flow of the game with the way I play.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »