Home

More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #97
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
The way they did it literally makes NO sense. So you already know you have a star dev player..so why hide it? Its not like you are gonna cut them at that point...... this company man.
They do a really poor job of maximizing the games appeal to the largest group of people. Rather than doing a half assed attempt at hiding development, hide all the traits and give the option to turn it off and everyone is happy. They create too many situations where adding something that appeals to one group makes another group unhappy where it could be avoided if we had more customization options
Old 05-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

I am no fan of the current system of progression and ratings. I do not like having everything set concrete. However, if I were going to critique things knowing they were going to stay the way they are with XP being what dictates progression and regression rather than something more authentic then I'd rather the development traits for all rookies to start off as normal. Every single one of them. Then have them randomly changing as these guys see the field and rack up plays.

Don't set it in stone that all players get their development trait revealed in the same week. Make it dynamic. If I have a 1st rounder that is starting day one then maybe by week 3 he shows a Quick development trait. Week 10 he progresses up another one. Week 8 of year 2 he progresses to his final development trait. If I have a QB I drafted and am grooming behind a veteran QB(wish we had the old system back where that was a thing, but even more in depth) then maybe I don't see his development speed change until the offseason.

Have some guys burst onto the scene and after their first game starting have superstar development. Have some guys be late bloomers and be normal or quick until they turn 27 and then they are superstar for a few years.

That would help make this arcade-ish system at least a little more dynamic and organic. It would make the draft and developing young players more exciting. I'd love to cut a guy after 4 years because he just never looked like he would pan out like I thought a 2nd rounder should. Then when he lands on a new it starts to "click" for him and he gets a top development trait. That would suck for me, but that happens in the real league annually.

I'm a big advocate for a more fog of war type of system around all scouting and ratings. I know EA may never go for that. I'll be surprised if they ever do, really. I do think they are making a step towards that with hiding these development traits. The way they are doing it makes little sense, though. If I see it's hidden then all that is left is whether or not to see if he is going to have Zone trait or not. That isn't that suspenseful. That doesn't make the preseason matter anymore like they said it would. That just delays something for the sake of delaying something.
Old 05-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I am no fan of the current system of progression and ratings. I do not like having everything set concrete. However, if I were going to critique things knowing they were going to stay the way they are with XP being what dictates progression and regression rather than something more authentic then I'd rather the development traits for all rookies to start off as normal. Every single one of them. Then have them randomly changing as these guys see the field and rack up plays.

Don't set it in stone that all players get their development trait revealed in the same week. Make it dynamic. If I have a 1st rounder that is starting day one then maybe by week 3 he shows a Quick development trait. Week 10 he progresses up another one. Week 8 of year 2 he progresses to his final development trait. If I have a QB I drafted and am grooming behind a veteran QB(wish we had the old system back where that was a thing, but even more in depth) then maybe I don't see his development speed change until the offseason.

Have some guys burst onto the scene and after their first game starting have superstar development. Have some guys be late bloomers and be normal or quick until they turn 27 and then they are superstar for a few years.

That would help make this arcade-ish system at least a little more dynamic and organic. It would make the draft and developing young players more exciting. I'd love to cut a guy after 4 years because he just never looked like he would pan out like I thought a 2nd rounder should. Then when he lands on a new it starts to "click" for him and he gets a top development trait. That would suck for me, but that happens in the real league annually.

I'm a big advocate for a more fog of war type of system around all scouting and ratings. I know EA may never go for that. I'll be surprised if they ever do, really. I do think they are making a step towards that with hiding these development traits. The way they are doing it makes little sense, though. If I see it's hidden then all that is left is whether or not to see if he is going to have Zone trait or not. That isn't that suspenseful. That doesn't make the preseason matter anymore like they said it would. That just delays something for the sake of delaying something.
PES does it that way. I think they call it break throughs where a player will improve significantly for a certain period of time and then go back to normal improvement. It was not dependent on scoring goals or anything like that. Seemed random.

I do not like the idea that dev traits increase because of good play on the field. The good play on the field should be a result of player improvement.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2019, 11:22 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
PES does it that way. I think they call it break throughs where a player will improve significantly for a certain period of time and then go back to normal improvement. It was not dependent on scoring goals or anything like that. Seemed random.

I do not like the idea that dev traits increase because of good play on the field. The good play on the field should be a result of player improvement.

100% agreed. I've never understood the crowd that is for progression to be based off of performance. It makes no sense to me and only makes the rich get richer.

I do not enjoy the current XP system, the current development trait system, but if they kept the same exact system and removed the game performance from influencing it at all and players simply progressed from practice and coaching only then I think the system would be 100x better than it currently is and having players sit on the bench to grow would actually be viable.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:43 AM   #101
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
100% agreed. I've never understood the crowd that is for progression to be based off of performance. It makes no sense to me and only makes the rich get richer.

I do not enjoy the current XP system, the current development trait system, but if they kept the same exact system and removed the game performance from influencing it at all and players simply progressed from practice and coaching only then I think the system would be 100x better than it currently is and having players sit on the bench to grow would actually be viable.
This is exactly the what they need to do if they want to continue with progression the way it is. They need to take a look at and change the way that xp is given out. In online 32 man leagues especially it can create some big imbalance. I've had several star dev rookies only progress a couple of points even while focus training them the whole year and doing practice drills every week that include their positions. But then another guy has a statistically good year with quick dev and progress a ton.

In my opinion there should only be small xp bonuses given out for performance if even at all. The current system rewards stat padding big time on offense. Like you said the rich get richer. In real life though guys start to consistently put up good stats because they progress, not progress because they put up stats.

Personally I for giving out xp I would rather them get rid of the drills and go to a weekly practice schedule. One where you don't actually play any drills but just set the intensity and frequency to your weekly practice schedule. There would be a trade off though, if you run more intense practices your players will gain more xp yes but they will go in to games more fatigued and at higher risk for injury. This would create a nice risk/reward system that would greatly add to the depth of franchise mode.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 03:24 AM   #102
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
This is exactly the what they need to do if they want to continue with progression the way it is. They need to take a look at and change the way that xp is given out. In online 32 man leagues especially it can create some big imbalance. I've had several star dev rookies only progress a couple of points even while focus training them the whole year and doing practice drills every week that include their positions. But then another guy has a statistically good year with quick dev and progress a ton.

In my opinion there should only be small xp bonuses given out for performance if even at all. The current system rewards stat padding big time on offense. Like you said the rich get richer. In real life though guys start to consistently put up good stats because they progress, not progress because they put up stats.

Personally I for giving out xp I would rather them get rid of the drills and go to a weekly practice schedule. One where you don't actually play any drills but just set the intensity and frequency to your weekly practice schedule. There would be a trade off though, if you run more intense practices your players will gain more xp yes but they will go in to games more fatigued and at higher risk for injury. This would create a nice risk/reward system that would greatly add to the depth of franchise mode.

They need to flesh out weekly practices, add OTAs and training camp , and provide a set of sliders so users can weight the XP which can be attained from game stats , in-season and from off season and TC practices , everybody's happy and you could even maybe put adding Training camp on the back of the box ?
Old 05-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #103
Rookie

If EA feels so strongly about setting weekly goals to make it fun for the casual gamer, maybe a good compromise would be that it benefits coach improvements and raises job security but does not influence the individual players.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #104
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13

It comes down to whether we view our Franchise as a video game, or a simulation of real life. Because if we view it as a video game, current ratings in Madden reflect past performances. The ratings for Madden 20 are going solely off of a player's performance in 2018-2019. If we view it as a simulation of real life, current ratings would reflect current progression/regression. This would lead to ratings that constantly change depending on certain situations. The former is a much easier process to create, and it treats each Franchise's season as a "new Madden" release. The latter requires tons of research and AI procedures, in an effort to make ratings replicate day to day skill levels.

We all know which one is going to be in the game going forward...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »