Home

More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #105
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
They need to flesh out weekly practices, add OTAs and training camp , and provide a set of sliders so users can weight the XP which can be attained from game stats , in-season and from off season and TC practices , everybody's happy and you could even maybe put adding Training camp on the back of the box ?
For training camp they could handle it similar to how NBA 2K does where you can pick a few players to get a small bump in specific areas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 02:54 AM   #106
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
For training camp they could handle it similar to how NBA 2K does where you can pick a few players to get a small bump in specific areas.

I'd be happy if they just added it as a series of weekly practices or training drills ( with enough changes to cover all positions ) and stuck it in before preseason game 1 , same idea with a couple of OTAs in the off season , but the idea appears to be in FOTF so an expansion of that , encompassing all the roster would be fine

I just want another means to progress players that isn't game stat related and the option to weight things to our personal taste

Last edited by briz1046; 05-07-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:16 AM   #107
Rookie

juduking's Arena

They did a "pass" on player contracts, but no word of 5th year options and restricted free agency? Give me a break.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:40 AM   #108
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I'd be happy if they just added it as a series of weekly practices or training drills ( with enough changes to cover all positions ) and stuck it in before preseason game 1 , same idea with a couple of OTAs in the off season , but the idea appears to be in FOTF so an expansion of that , encompassing all the roster would be fine

I just want another means to progress players that isn't game stat related and the option to weight things to our personal taste
Yes, putting up stats should only be a small bonus at the end of the season for reaching certain milestones. The way it is right now with stats being a big part of the equation when it comes to xp it promotes stat padding. It also only helps the better teams get even better, so in turn you don't get the parity that you see in the real NFL. This is most apparent in online user leagues making it tough to build a team if you start with one of the bottom teams to begin with.

Honestly I wish they would get rid of XP entirely and go to a more natural progression system. My other problem is with regression and how most players seem to follow the same regression curve. I want to see regression be more varied with some guys falling off younger and a rare few guys keeping up their abilities well in to their 30's. Right now regression is far too predictable.

Not related to your post but also with contracts, I know a lot of us want to see 5th year options, choices how to distribute money, and RFA. Hopefully a fully fleshed out contract system can make it in to the game in the near future. But for now even just the redone contracts that they've talked about can make a big difference. Hopefully teams can't just afford to bring back every one of their top players anymore and have to make tough choices, this could finally liven up the free agency pool in the off-season.

The combination of the redone contracts and tuning of the xp alone have potential to finally bring franchise mode alive if everything was executed well. This with the introduction of the scenario engine can finally bring the unpredictability factor to franchise mode that will really increase the fun factor. Of course this is all dependant on everything being done well.

Last edited by Shosum13; 05-08-2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: *parity
Old 05-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #109
Pro

Funkycorm's Arena

For someone that has swore off buying any more Madden games and EA games I do have to say that I am at least intrigued by these changes.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #110
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Yes, putting up stats should only be a small bonus at the end of the season for reaching certain milestones. The way it is right now with stats being a big part of the equation when it comes to xp it promotes stat padding. It also only helps the better teams get even better, so in turn you don't get the parody that you see in the real NFL.

I think you mean "parity" , but "parody" fits the present progression system nicely
Old 05-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #111
All Star

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I wonder how the draft logic is going to be for our QBs. I know they want to prevent you you from going to a team with a young ascending QB(KC,IND, HOU for example). But how many teams have a dire need for a QB that didn't already addressed it during the draft. So, I can see them either gearing towards teams that had QBs needs before draft or teams with average starters(Cin, OAK, Tenn for example). Will they have draft logic similar to The One where your draft pick replaces your original pick and affects rest of draft or just keeps things as they are and just add you to the team?
I hope competing for starting job makes sense. I played Player CFM in the past, but I always chose teams with dire need of position where I could start from jump. If I go to a team like Bengals and Raiders, I don't want to win the job by simply doing better in pre season if the starter is not having a bad pre-season/season.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »