Home

More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #49
All Star

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

As far as Face of Franchise, I'm a little disappointed. Outside the Pre-NFL experience, I don't see any difference in player CFM. With the player customization, college games, interviews, combine, and draft, I can see that being 4-6 hours give or take. After that, you're pretty much in player CFM. Its nice you have 3 voice options, but if that is only for the pre-NFL it doesn't matter.

But it would be interesting if your choices actually does matter. Like if your archetype can dictate which team drafts you if they are looking for a scheme fit. That would be cool. Do you actually get cut by a team in NFL if you struggle? That would a cool if you have to sign on as a back up for another team.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:34 PM   #50
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
As far as Face of Franchise, I'm a little disappointed. Outside the Pre-NFL experience, I don't see any difference in player CFM. With the player customization, college games, interviews, combine, and draft, I can see that being 4-6 hours give or take. After that, you're pretty much in player CFM. Its nice you have 3 voice options, but if that is only for the pre-NFL it doesn't matter.

But it would be interesting if your choices actually does matter. Like if your archetype can dictate which team drafts you if they are looking for a scheme fit. That would be cool. Do you actually get cut by a team in NFL if you struggle? That would a cool if you have to sign on as a back up for another team.

It looks like you definitely can get cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 05-02-2019, 11:48 PM   #51
Pro

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom2040
Gameplay is first and foremost in anything I want to read about Madden. Seeing passing trajectory possibly changing is music to my ears, or eyes I guess lol. Al this other stuff about franchise and XP and scenarios make not one bit of difference to me if the gameplay remains the turd that it is right now.*

Make it play like football and u got my money.* The other frivolities can be worked on second.* This is football not Destiny.* I'm with JP on this one .....
Probably best to not read a blog titled and devoted to franchise only then tbh... or posting in the thread relating to it specifically
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #52
Kings of the North

DaReal Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom2040
Gameplay is first and foremost in anything I want to read about Madden. Seeing passing trajectory possibly changing is music to my ears, or eyes I guess lol. Al this other stuff about franchise and XP and scenarios make not one bit of difference to me if the gameplay remains the turd that it is right now.*

Make it play like football and u got my money.* The other frivolities can be worked on second.* This is football not Destiny.* I'm with JP on this one .....
They're talking about gameplay in 2 weeks. Not sure the point in ranting about game play in a non game play thread....
Old 05-03-2019, 07:09 AM   #53
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Well they've done it to me again. I'm in, boys. I will say I enjoyed Madden 19's gameplay quite a bit, but it's franchise mode has been lacking for years. With all these new franchise updates, ratings spreads, etc. I couldn't be more excited for Madden this year.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:56 AM   #54
Rookie

Re: Madden 20 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
This exactly, who cares that you won't see the trait until later in the season when by it being hidden you know it's a good dev trait? Either hide them all or hide none, the way they describe it is pointless.Typical EA only half listening to our concerns. It wasn't that people didn't like dev traits dropping, it's that they were dropping after players had great years due to the requirements to improve/keep dev traits being based in dumb things per position.

I wish Madden would take a page from NHL with “fog of war” like idea around dev trait. The team the player is on has full knowledge of the player after about a year but all other teams that do not see work habits, practice, etc. should have limited data and not know the dev trait.

That would certainly make free agency and trades more interesting and speculative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2019, 08:04 AM   #55
Pro

What sense does it make to hide top 2 dev traits? If its hidden you KNOW you have a SS or XFactor. How is that good? Gotta hide them all.

What am I missing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 08:20 AM   #56
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

These are nice additions that should at the very least spice things up some. How much remains to be seen. I'm interested in seeing just how much of a difference the ratings spread make things. The first thing I'll probably do is have the worst O line in the league go up against the best. If the differences in performance are pronounced, then this could be big for franchise. Having a terrible line could actually matter. I'm still lukewarm but I like what has been revealed so far. I'm still on the preorder wagon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »