Home

More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-03-2019, 11:43 AM   #65
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

This news donít excite me. Looking for improvement with gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: More Madden NFL 20 Details Revealed For Face of the Franchise: QB1 & Franchise Mo

I take it when they say the development trait is hidden that it just shows they have normal or quick development until later on in the year. If it literally hides it and only those two then what is the point in even hiding it?
Old 05-03-2019, 12:46 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 20 Franchise Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
The ratings spread bit was an unexpected plus! Iíve been hoping for that for years...hopefully it works well for differentiating players.
Problem is that we've been down this road before, I think it was in 2010. I remember there really was a difference in quarterbacks, and struggling on offence with weak ones, however, there was an outcry by the players themselves over what their ratings were. I think the players made a big enough stink about it that things reverted to the way they were again. That's my recollection anyway...including some forum where TJ Houshmanzadeh was arguing with Iam Cummings about his ratings.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-mad-at-madden
Old 05-03-2019, 12:55 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

If the Scenario Engine isn't for the entire league, that's going to absolutely destroy immersion for me - I'm sorry.

Think about it - S.E. generates a scenario where a WR may be demanding a trade because he feels you didn't target him enough times in the past 4 games.....

Then you go and look at WRs in similar spots on other teams around the league who have fewer receptions, and less TDs (And their respective Teams may have worse records) - and see that their morale is fine - since the S.E. doesn't apply to them.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

And why would they remove players dropping Development Traits??
To continue your following years as a Superstar, wouldn't you have to at least maintain a certain level of production each season?

I feel like too many various players are going to have a "breakout year", and get a shot at that advancement to the next level Trait, and your league will be crammed with guys that are at least Superstar and above.....maybe not "crammed" but with an amount that is considered abnormal for the league's standards.

Maybe I need to wait until this is put into practice, but this news has me a little wary.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #69
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I have made this my mission to try and get changed into a league based toggle where you can either have them all on or off based on your commissioner's preference.
Can you also start the press to hide certain ratings or only have ranges for players visible. Fog of war as to be there. I shouldnít know everything about everyone at any point in time.

Scouting has to matter in draft AND in week to week games.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Can you also start the press to hide certain ratings or only have ranges for players visible. Fog of war as to be there. I shouldnít know everything about everyone at any point in time.

Scouting has to matter in draft AND in week to week games.
I think this is the first step in that direction, but I think they will want to get a one year run on dev first before moving to ratings.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:27 PM   #71
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
What sense does it make to hide top 2 dev traits? If its hidden you KNOW you have a SS or XFactor. How is that good? Gotta hide them all.

What am I missing?
The main goal behind it right now is to just hide the players abilities. I think they wanted to test the waters before going in too deep but I can assure you they're constantly hearing and will continue to hear about it being expanded upon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
If the Scenario Engine isn't for the entire league, that's going to absolutely destroy immersion for me - I'm sorry.

Think about it - S.E. generates a scenario where a WR may be demanding a trade because he feels you didn't target him enough times in the past 4 games.....

Then you go and look at WRs in similar spots on other teams around the league who have fewer receptions, and less TDs (And their respective Teams may have worse records) - and see that their morale is fine - since the S.E. doesn't apply to them.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
The scenario isn't triggered universally for all WR's at once in your example. It is related back to their specific personality rating then, I am sure to make it more random, ran through a dice roll. Just because AB wants a trade because he doesn't get the ball thrown his way enough over four weeks doesn't mean AJ Green would do the same thing in the same situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »