Home

EA is Definitely More Serious About Franchise in Madden (Analysis)

This is a discussion on EA is Definitely More Serious About Franchise in Madden (Analysis) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: EA is Definitely More Serious About Franchise in Madden (Analysis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
“More Serious” about CFM isnt exactly saying much seeing as how the mode has been largely left alone for the past 5+ years.

I remember when their selling point for CFM was how much easier it would be to add things to franchise. Oh how disappointing CFM has been. The ones I could see having benefited would be the ONLINE CFM leagues. But that's about it. I'm only talking about CFM and not other modes outside of CFM.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:17 PM   #170
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
The NFL is very protective of their image and intellectual property. Anything that can be changed to make the NFL look bad or different from the image they want to present, they're against. I think this is a big part why we get limited features in cfm like suspensions, customized relocation, robust injuries.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Honestly that is a complete cop out. Why would the NFL care if you relocated a team to a certain city, and got to choose your own colors and god forbid but a lion decal on your helmet. Or for that mater design a stadium.

You got ex players raping old ladies like Kellen Winslow, and or assualting people and even committing murders. Yet they are worried I might change the Tennessee titans to the Orlando wildcats?!?! I don't buy that for a second.

How is it anymore ridiclous if I could actually choose my team name and colors when relocating, but not anymore ridiclous to become a set number of pre-arranged team names like the Portland dreadnaughts for god sake? Relocation is relocation. If your that concerned that I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image, Then at least give us a choice between like 30 pre determined names and logos. Because the pre-determined teams they have in the game suck and make relocation absolutely pointless. Sorry if it feels like I am ranting on you, but the whole protecting their image thing is stupid when relocation is already a part of the game
Old 06-18-2019, 04:27 PM   #171
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Let's keep the thread clean please, so it can stay open. I don't think it needs to be taken to that extreme.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #172
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626

How is it anymore ridiclous if I could actually choose my team name and colors when relocating, but not anymore ridiclous to become a set number of pre-arranged team names like the Portland dreadnaughts for god sake? Relocation is relocation. If your that concerned that I am going to create a team called

NBA2K has filters that handle bad words in team names. It wouldn't let me save my team setup as the Wisconsin Badgers because they have what NBA2K considers bad words. I had to make everything Wi ers to get around this. Then I could import my saved team setup into an offline MyLeague franchise and change things back to Wisconsin Badgers. There is no reason Madden couldn't do something similar.

NBA2K franchise just destroys Madden Franchise.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:10 PM   #173
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Let's keep the thread clean please, so it can stay open. I don't think it needs to be taken to that extreme.
I wasn't trying to be extreme for the sake of being extreme. I was trying to give an example where if they were afraid of someone creating some really vulgar names, then give us some generic options in their stead. I get that the theoretical team name was immature and gross, but I was more so using it as an example.

Plus when the show 19 and out this year, the first couple of the weeks the number one downloaded custom logo was exyrenely inappropriate. My point being if the NFL is so worried about these kings give us a good amount of preset options

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 06-18-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #174
Rookie

uzileaux's Arena

Quote:
Honestly that is a complete cop out. Why would the NFL care if you relocated a team to a certain city
I partially believe it since the NFL is strict on a lot of things but at the same i'm leaning more on it's just EA being lazy. NBA Live doesn't give you the ability to upload your own logos either meanwhile NBA 2k does, what's NBA Live's excuse as to why they don't have it while 2k does? surely cause the NBA doesn't people messing with their image either right? Yeah, just sounds like a cop out to me.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:59 PM   #175
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Honestly that is a complete cop out. Why would the NFL care if you relocated a team to a certain city, and got to choose your own colors and god forbid but a lion decal on your helmet. Or for that mater design a stadium.

You got ex players raping old ladies like Kellen Winslow, and or assualting people and even committing murders. Yet they are worried I might change the Tennessee titans to the Orlando wildcats?!?! I don't buy that for a second.

How is it anymore ridiclous if I could actually choose my team name and colors when relocating, but not anymore ridiclous to become a set number of pre-arranged team names like the Portland dreadnaughts for god sake? Relocation is relocation. If your that concerned that I am going to create a team called "the gay town butt pirates" and hurt your already diminishing image, Then at least give us a choice between like 30 pre determined names and logos. Because the pre-determined teams they have in the game suck and make relocation absolutely pointless. Sorry if it feels like I am ranting on you, but the whole protecting their image thing is stupid when relocation is already a part of the game

My word when are tryouts for this team?
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #176

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

And this is why we don't make ridiculous examples.

Let's let that one die please....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »