Home

Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2019, 03:29 PM   #105
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
I am not sure about this - I mean when we think about the real NFL - outside of the tippy top players - is there really that much difference between NFL players?

Now - if the super stars are like 90+, and most of the other players in the 50-60 range - then at that point I think it would be a good idea.

But if we are getting a sort of "sliding scale" where players are getting evenly distributed in 80s, 70s, 60s, etc I don't think that actually represents real NFL. Because in reality I don't think there is much difference between the 15th best LT and the 35th best LT in football. It's probably next to nothing. Maybe I am wrong though.

There's some truth in what you're saying but the example you gave is a bad one. #15 to #35 LT in the NFL is a pretty marked difference. If one team had the 15th best OL at each position and the next team had #35, it's the difference between a solid offense and a historically terrible OL facing record pressure. Ask any Texans or Vikings fan from this past year.

But in Madden, the "in game" difference between LT #15 (let's say 82 OVR as a rough guess) and #35 (say 75 OVR) is very minimal. In CFM you can practically ignore OL as a roster building decision and be fine. In the NFL you'd be toast.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2019, 12:17 AM   #106
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I never understood why Tiburon/EA won't just partner with Pro Football Focus and integrate their analytics for accurate player ratings.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:08 AM   #107
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I never understood why Tiburon/EA won't just partner with Pro Football Focus and integrate their analytics for accurate player ratings.
No doubt you will receive replies slamming PFF for not being any good etc but speaking as somebody who does appreciate them this would still not be advisable, at least as a ' copy and paste' type exercise .

Whilst I'm sure many of the deeper type analytic data grades , such as route separation, QB accuracies , elusiveness etc already factor heavily , it needs to be remembered that the widely available weekly and seasonal grades only represent performance/success , with no account taken for level of competition , or factors such as playing through injury etc .

In most sports strength of schedule and sample size dont factor heavily as teams play each other throughout the season and many more games are played , but for NFL , with only 16 games and against what can be widely variable levels of competition these grades dont truly represent a player necessarily well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »