Home

Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #57
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Player Ratings Will Be Much Different Than Before by StickSkillz

Hopefully the attributes are lowered as well and this isn't just a recalc of how OVR is created.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:12 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Hopefully the attributes are lowered as well and this isn't just a recalc of how OVR is created.
I would imagine so. Hopefully it isn't just cosmetic. I don't know whether they lowered the value of attributes when it comes to OVR or changed how the attributes perform at different stages. Where they might have changed the requirements for OVRs.
My question is if they lowered attributes, is it really going to stand out? So if they had a LB with 80 Tackle and they bumped it down to high 60s, will we see that difference noticeably? Where there should be a variance between players so they don't very similar attributes. But I still want to see those players in the 60-mid 70s attributes, still have an impact.
Old 05-07-2019, 01:14 AM   #59
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I would imagine so. Hopefully it isn't just cosmetic. I don't know whether they lowered the value of attributes when it comes to OVR or changed how the attributes perform at different stages. Where they might have changed the requirements for OVRs.

My question is if they lowered attributes, is it really going to stand out? So if they had a LB with 80 Tackle and they bumped it down to high 60s, will we see that difference noticeably? Where there should be a variance between players so they don't very similar attributes. But I still want to see those players in the 60-mid 70s attributes, still have an impact.
My hope is that if they were forced to lower player attributes. They were forced to tinker with gameplay and reexamine things that haven't been touched in years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2019, 01:50 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
My hope is that if they were forced to lower player attributes. They were forced to tinker with gameplay and reexamine things that haven't been touched in years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thats what I hope. For a long time, important positional ratings were in the 70-99 range. You don't see too many QBS with under 80 Passing attributes(besides Deep ACC). Besides the lower tier players, most positional ratings are in the 70-99 range. They really need to expand that to 50-99. That'll help show the impact a 99 positional rating has. Where a 50 doesn't mean an automatic loss. It means that the player has a low percentage to make that play. But for that to work, they need to lower or disable non-positional ratings. I don't want to see Blocking Attributes for a QB. You can't have a LB with 30 Route Running when you have a lower tier WR with 50-60 Route Running. Either have to disable that non positional rating or drop it to 5-10, just so there isn't a chance why you should put some one out of position
Old 05-07-2019, 01:58 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 2

I have a fear that this has only been done so you have a greater feeling of growth when playing the career mode. I have my doubts at the moment that this will actually impact gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 08:53 AM   #62
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Sounds pretty good for a start..Lets hope it komes together and with more of the right small things needed to bring out CFM. Like players cards showing there teams they play for. And keeping track of plauers award history the right way. Team history so we can always go back and look and see who won a superbowl in our CFM. That should show up in the teams history and Superbowl history...Team names and Superbowl history for every team..With the Superbowl M.V.P frm that year on each year its won so we kan keep traclk of it all. Put Superbowls won in players award history its long over due..
Old 05-07-2019, 09:03 AM   #63
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
That would be so frustrating if they were going around promoting that they recalled the ratings. Only to find out when the game ships they just adjusted how OVR was calculated. I don't put it passed them but I dont think that's the case here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hearing that some starting players will be around 55 overall seems unrealistically low for a starter. Sometimes I wonder if a lot of the devs are just casual football fans and don’t really get it. I’ll be able to edit their ratings before the season starts so I’m not complaining, but they should know there isn’t a huge disparity of talent in the nfl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »