Home

Create A Player

This is a discussion on Create A Player within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #17
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Create A Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Correct. All you can do is pick from pre set faces
Do they have any fun colors?
Like D Williams had pink hair on the Panthers a few years ago.

I like to make unique prospects that stand out, and want to be able to tell I am playing one of them...
Old 05-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #18
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

A full featured RPG-like face editor has already been confirmed.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...iron-notes-5-3

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #19
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
A full featured RPG-like face editor has already been confirmed.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...iron-notes-5-3

That's for FOTF /QB1 or whatever they call the 'superstar mode' , the question was is this also available in the main menu and franchise when creating/ editing players using the ' normal' CAP process .
this is not a 'given' considering EAs track record and the fact that editing features even in M19 vary between CFM and the main menu
Old 05-30-2019, 01:02 PM   #20
Pro

Honestly, I highly doubt if you will ever get the NBA style create a player for the simple fact that your players wear helmets, thus you rarely see their faces. On top of that, the player is one of 22 players on the field where in basketball games, they are 1 one 10 players... it is more crucial that, say, baseball, games give you those elements.

This is not EA being 'lazy.' This is truly a case of what's worthy of resources. But I will say this... a few years ago, they had real life photos of generic players... I wish they went back to that.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #21
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
Honestly, I highly doubt if you will ever get the NBA style create a player for the simple fact that your players wear helmets, thus you rarely see their faces. On top of that, the player is one of 22 players on the field where in basketball games, they are 1 one 10 players... it is more crucial that, say, baseball, games give you those elements.

This is not EA being 'lazy.' This is truly a case of what's worthy of resources. But I will say this... a few years ago, they had real life photos of generic players... I wish they went back to that.
I disagree. Ps2 maddens had a little bit of editing in them. More than we’ve had since then. That is inexcusable.

But I think calling devs lazy is a bit weird anyway. Just because a game is missing features doesn’t make the people working on the game lazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2019, 08:53 AM   #22
Rookie

asitter's Arena

More so than a more detailed face editor, I'd want a way to create a players body type more than height and weight. Drafted players all look so similar because of that.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321

NBA 2K has more cyberfaces to render than Madden. NBA2K=30 players, 3 refs, media people, and 4 coaches. Madden=22 players and 2 coaches. So even if you only count the faces that can be edited, NBA2K=30 and Madden=0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »