Home

GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

This is a discussion on GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #73
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ok, well, let's hope that there are more Boss Battles that are more sim orientated vs tied to goals orientated.

I need to find out more what's behind curtain 1, 2 and 3 for the most part.
Exactly, they can call it boss battles all they want as long as the feature is sim oriented and adds another layer to game planning. That's the thing with this new scenario engine, it's possible that it as a layer of depth and fun we've had in franchise before. But at the same time if not executed well it could be truly game breaking.

I want to see decisions like you're going up against one of the top QBs in the league. Do you play him like any other QB? do you want to bring more blitz packages than normal? Or do you drop back more in coverage every play and dare them to try and throw or try and beat you on the ground? Then based on your game plan decision you are given a goal to reach to be rewarded with bonus XP.

I'm also curious to see how this scenario engine ties in to player morale. What I don't want to see is a league full of Antonio Brown's all asking for a trade. Hopefully situations like that are a rare occurrence. Again we'll just have to wait until we get more details.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Something to look at when it comes to the whole SIM/casual/arcade thing is that CFM isn't bound by any of those. It's not like gameplay where there are specific Sim/Arcade/Comp tags that are specifically intended to provide a different experience. I know the jump gets made that because MUT is predominantly Comp therefore CFM should be Sim but that's not really the case at all.

I don't agree with it and I heavily dislike that it is the way it is but CFM since it's inception really has been geared towards the casual. You go back to the quote along the lines of if the 10-year old kid can't play it, what sense does it ever make to have deep features and how much emphasis has been placed on doing things quick and just getting through the mode at breakneck speed. Ideally, it'd be a mode where it'd be deep enough for those that want that experience to be satisfied with options to tone down how interactive you have to be and I think there have been baby steps towards that but things are so hamstrung by the direction CFM ultimately took that it's going to be hard to ever truly turn the tide on that.
I've never really thought of it as MUT is casual, CFM is hardcore, but I could see how some do. However, the point isn't that CFM needs to be a hardcore realistic mode. The point is we already have plenty of things implemented inside of CFM that are geared more towards the non-casual crowd like all of the practice drills. The majority of those are all geared towards actual strategy and not geared toward the casual crowd. We're simply asking for that to be expanded on with the implementation of boss battles. We'd like to see even more strategic tools added to the game in a similar fashion to what we already have. ID'ing the mike, line shifts, etc. are not geared towards the casual crowd are they? Yet we have them and plenty of tutorials showing you when and how to use them.

Why not expand on those with these boss battles? Instead of having them be an influence on weekly goals, why not use them to build on your practice features already inside of CFM to get more people educated on football strategy and game mechanics together. They already have that goal since we have the practices and drills we have so it wouldn't be anything different than what EA has already been doing.

The complaints coming from boss battles are more about how the feature seems to be all fluff and not add much from what we've been told by EA. We just want to see the feature be more than a goal influence and instead be used with the scouting reports, the practice drills, and in game mechanics more. It's not asking EA to completely change their approach to how they've been building CFM. It's saying it makes more sense for all crowds to implement the feature this way opposed to how they have communicated they are doing it.

― Plato
Old 05-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Exactly, they can call it boss battles all they want as long as the feature is sim oriented and adds another layer to game planning. That's the thing with this new scenario engine, it's possible that it as a layer of depth and fun we've had in franchise before. But at the same time if not executed well it could be truly game breaking.

I want to see decisions like you're going up against one of the top QBs in the league. Do you play him like any other QB? do you want to bring more blitz packages than normal? Or do you drop back more in coverage every play and dare them to try and throw or try and beat you on the ground? Then based on your game plan decision you are given a goal to reach to be rewarded with bonus XP.

I'm also curious to see how this scenario engine ties in to player morale. What I don't want to see is a league full of Antonio Brown's all asking for a trade. Hopefully situations like that are a rare occurrence. Again we'll just have to wait until we get more details.

Regarding the bold, there is this quote,

"Recreating these scenarios required the creation of a personality system that gives the players some degree of agency. Team players like Julian Edelman may be more likely to take roster disruptions and drops in their usage rate in stride, but more volatile personalities may trigger crises that coaches/general managers need to resolve. Some of these may be gameplay based. If a talented receiver like Martavis Bryant is frozen out for three games, he may demand you get him the damn ball. If you don’t, maybe he demands a trade. "

It seems it won't just be random and that the personalities will dictate the reactions which makes sense and if it works in a balanced manner will really add a lot to the mode.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 05-06-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: why does this forum keep formatting so strangely?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

"Recreating these scenarios required the creation of a personality system that gives the players some degree of agency. Team players like Julian Edelman may be more likely to take roster disruptions and drops in their usage rate in stride, but more volatile personalities may trigger crises that coaches/general managers need to resolve. Some of these may be gameplay based. If a talented receiver like Martavis Bryant is frozen out for three games, he may demand you get him the damn ball. If you don’t, maybe he demands a trade. "

It seems it won't just be random and that the personalities will dictate the reactions which makes sense and if it works in a balanced manner will really add a lot to the mode.
Agree, that's why I'm interested in learning more about morale and how it affects FA, Franchise Tags, etc.....

I don't think EA has revealed all the morsels for CFM, yet and how they all work together.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:09 PM   #77
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Yea I have seen that write up before, it all sounds good just hopefully works as intended. Hopefully this will make free agency more interesting with some stars outright refusing to re-sign with their current team, and personalities being a big player in off-season decisions.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Agree, that's why I'm interested in learning more about morale and how it affects FA, Franchise Tags, etc.....

I don't think EA has revealed all the morsels for CFM, yet and how they all work together.

My biggest hope with all of this is that the AI has to play by the same rules. They better have their own team personalities that come with all of the same pros/cons that my roster does as well. If I am being forced to trade a player because he is a locker room cancer, but once he goes to an AI team he becomes a robot with no personality then I don't think many will be a fan of the system.

I also hope that these personality traits can make guys with talent, but bad personalities drop in the draft or sign for lower than expected amount in free agency.

― Plato
Old 05-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #79
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

For some reason, the folks at EA are always grasping at straws when they try to understand what the Franchise community wants.

"We want a more realistic, immersive Madden."

"Okay, so like you have schemes but they don't differentiate between a 1 and a 3 technique DL or X, Y, and Z receivers?"

"No. Realistic. I want to feel like I'm in the NFL."

"Oh, so like boss battles when you face JJ Watt?"

Just make it exactly like NBA 2k minus the VC, you fools. Football is the most popular sport in America. Why it has the most shallow franchise mode of any sports game is beyond me.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
For some reason, the folks at EA are always grasping at straws when they try to understand what the Franchise community wants.

"We want a more realistic, immersive Madden."

"Okay, so like you have schemes but they don't differentiate between a 1 and a 3 technique DL or X, Y, and Z receivers?"

"No. Realistic. I want to feel like I'm in the NFL."

"Oh, so like boss battles when you face JJ Watt?"

Just make it exactly like NBA 2k minus the VC, you fools. Football is the most popular sport in America. Why it has the most shallow franchise mode of any sports game is beyond me.
I haven't seen much of anything for Madden 20 CFM yet, but if what is reported on paper is executed properly, I don't feel franchise mode will be shallow anymore.

People have been hammering for a return of the Pro Bowl for years. Ratings becoming more spaced out is a user vs cpu dream.

The scenario engine along with superstar and x factor could have some potential added to cfm.

I just need to see behind the curtain and determine how it will all play out.

I might even try Superstar mode when I didn't even try 2 minutes of Longshot.

We'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »