Home

GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

This is a discussion on GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I haven't seen much of anything for Madden 20 CFM yet, but if what is reported on paper is executed properly, I don't feel franchise mode will be shallow anymore.

People have been hammering for a return of the Pro Bowl for years. Ratings becoming more spaced out is a user vs cpu dream.

The scenario engine along with superstar and x factor could have some potential added to cfm.

I just need to see behind the curtain and determine how it will all play out.

I might even try Superstar mode when I didn't even try 2 minutes of Longshot.

We'll see.

While I may be a bit more vocal with my criticism than roadman, this is essentially where I sit as well down to also thinking about trying Face of the Franchise when I never even fired up Longshot for a second. A big part of that is to play as Miami, but still.

There are plenty of changes announced for the next release that I believe can really benefit the game, but we have to wait and see how they are implemented. The scenario engine and player personalities alone can make this game have the best franchise mode out of any sports games not named Out of the Park or Football Manager if it is done right. It could also be done in a poor manner and only break the balance of the mode.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 05:45 PM   #82
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
While I may be a bit more vocal with my criticism than roadman, this is essentially where I sit as well down to also thinking about trying Face of the Franchise when I never even fired up Longshot for a second. A big part of that is to play as Miami, but still.

I know this is all good, but I do voice my concern more on the game play side of things vs CFM.

Last edited by roadman; 05-06-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I haven't seen much of anything for Madden 20 CFM yet, but if what is reported on paper is executed properly, I don't feel franchise mode will be shallow anymore.

It's incredibly shallow.

Quote:
People have been hammering for a return of the Pro Bowl for years. Ratings becoming more spaced out is a user vs cpu dream.

Pro Bowl is a nice reintroduction of what we already previously had. Every third year'ish they "spread out" ratings.

Quote:
The scenario engine along with superstar and x factor could have some potential added to cfm.
This X factor and scenario engine is just repackaging XP/Goals. It's not really an in-depth addition. Superstar, I don't know much about.

So far, CFM seems like the same ole, every year, underwhelming, re-dedication.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #84
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

All a matter of opinion at this stage without any more further revels.

Last edited by roadman; 05-06-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #85
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

I think until the release of the game or final cfm blog we can't or at least shouldn't try to form an opinion on limited information that has been provided. Right now we are all speculating on how some of these new features will be implemented. I am hopeful but at this time madden 20 will not be a day 1 purchase for me. That may change when more information is released but for now, I'll be waiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #86
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
For some reason, the folks at EA are always grasping at straws when they try to understand what the Franchise community wants.

"We want a more realistic, immersive Madden."

"Okay, so like you have schemes but they don't differentiate between a 1 and a 3 technique DL or X, Y, and Z receivers?"

"No. Realistic. I want to feel like I'm in the NFL."

"Oh, so like boss battles when you face JJ Watt?"

Just make it exactly like NBA 2k minus the VC, you fools. Football is the most popular sport in America. Why it has the most shallow franchise mode of any sports game is beyond me.
Oh man if they finally added depth chart positions like 1 tech and 3 tech DT and SLB and WLB I would lose it. I would finally be able to get specific role players in to specific positions on the defense. As far as X, Y, and Z receivers it would also be cool to see that in and I think they tried to execute to some extent when they finally at least introduced the SLWR. The biggest one that kills me is not having the 1 and 3 tech d-lineman because half the times my big run stuffing DT ends up lined up wrong in the over and under fronts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2019, 09:44 PM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I think until the release of the game or final cfm blog we can't or at least shouldn't try to form an opinion on limited information that has been provided. Right now we are all speculating on how some of these new features will be implemented. I am hopeful but at this time madden 20 will not be a day 1 purchase for me. That may change when more information is released but for now, I'll be waiting.
Final cfm blog?? There isn’t one.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:00 AM   #88
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
For some reason, the folks at EA are always grasping at straws when they try to understand what the Franchise community wants.

"We want a more realistic, immersive Madden."

"Okay, so like you have schemes but they don't differentiate between a 1 and a 3 technique DL or X, Y, and Z receivers?"

"No. Realistic. I want to feel like I'm in the NFL."

"Oh, so like boss battles when you face JJ Watt?"

Just make it exactly like NBA 2k minus the VC, you fools. Football is the most popular sport in America. Why it has the most shallow franchise mode of any sports game is beyond me.

madden 12 was the best francinse if they could go back to that which they are slowly and add a 3-5 min weekly show ESPN and NFLN Draft bords give u a choice to play the conbime play the sr bowl and shirer game and the NFLPA bowl add the madden music back from madden 97 98 as bouns tracks

instead of a coach photo have a shot of the place u play have a history part since 1920 bring the coin toss back let us play stadium music
hopefully all of that can be in ps5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfHFAtQ8Dc madden 98 music

Last edited by jerwoods; 05-07-2019 at 12:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »