Home

Forbes Gaming Writer Has a Piece on Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Forbes Gaming Writer Has a Piece on Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 05-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Forbes Gaming Writer Has a Piece on Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
Definitely aiming too low. You even said his main want is something youíll just start skipping after a few times. Heís pushing create a team and injury presentation?? Thatís three out of five things in his article that donít really matter much. Itís not going to make Madden THAT much better. I want them in obviously but I donít see much of a true impact.

Game play is king for most players and I would be excited if it was overhauled. Iím just saying that even though Iíd prefer to see big leaps in franchise before game play right now, they at least need to have one of the two aspects at a high level. We can agree there, right? Right now we are both losing out and not getting what we want (I almost want to say ďdeserveĒ at this point). To basically be average or below in BOTH is unacceptable. Especially for this many years.

2K built on what they had. Madden seemed to quit that mindset when the ps3/360 launched. Then I thought with CFM in Madden 13 they were starting over with the mindset of building it up, and yet here we are. Thatís why NBA 2K is very deep and immersive overall at this point and Madden is far behind. 2K seems to have executed a plan over the last several years to build up the game. Thatís good business. Madden 20 gets a little more meat added and it may seem more promising right now, but thatís because the standard they set for an NFL video game product the last decade+ has been average or below.
I would like a better injury presentation to the game, but wants and likes are to each their own.

We do agree Madden is what it is, I'm trying to be realistic about it.

You are also correct that Madden didn't add to CFM much after Madden 13, sometimes just a after thought. Madden and big leaps are not in the same sentence on a yearly basis. I need to see big leaps to believe it. And I don't feel they will change up that process anytime soon.

Madden needs to keep adding to CFM and game play to please as many people as possible. It's not a matter of what we want, we get, but more, marketing and the suits will make the game they see fit based on the Rex interview and Ian's take several years ago.

If the CD Mike Young carries out on his wording, CFM may have some good additions this year, IF and a big IF, they are implemented and executed properly and correctly.

We'll see.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
Old 05-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #18
Educated Fool

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Great info. His five would be awesome additions.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #19
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Agree the injury system is kinda bad.

I don't mind injuries but the animations of how they got injured is bad. I've seen a player named as getting injured while walking away after a play as if nothing happened.
Also in past Madden's, can't recall which.... occasionally a player would get injured and it would be career ending and season ending. Wouldn't mind seeing that again.
I did have one player that had a 30 or so week injury and obviously that is season ending but in the past it would say "Out for season".

All five of those things in his article would be a welcome change

Last edited by Rayzaa; 05-08-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #20
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

He's right on the money with the coordinator/coach carousel point. With Madden really pushing this "scheme fit" and "archetype" in the franchise, I am actually pretty surprised that there isn't a presence of offensive and defensive coordinators that would heavily influence the schemes your team uses.

The obvious application is that in the offseason, given the players you have on your team or player you plan on adding (young QB you want to build around), you hire the best coordinator that coaches a scheme that gets the best development out of your players. Maybe next year (he said for the eighth straight year).
Old 05-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #21
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803

Can we just take a minute to really think about all the stuff 2k managed to put in their games every year? All the changes and improvements. Itís really amazing. Regardless of the problems that game has too.

I feel like every time EA releases a blog I find myself asking ďis that itĒ and just feeling completely underwhelmed. Even on the ďmajor improvementsĒ and with 2k im just blown away with the amount of stuff they add.

To me, madden is so far behind now. I donít know if they could ever catch up. In my mind they stuff have to add everything that they used to have. And do it better. And THEN add some awesome stuff weíve never seen. And I doubt thatíll ever happen. Seems madden is always years behind the other games.

And itís nothing against the devs. Iíve heard horror stories about the mess of code and the terrible foundation this game is built upon. I think EA is just terrible. Just look at what theyíve done to Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield.

The fans of both of those game series have been screaming exactly about what they want. And they just refuse and do things their own way. I see a trend between tiburon and dice

i dont consider what was done this year any more than previous years ( outside last year) . On average since madden 13 , what we are getting this year is on course for the same amount . Not more, which is what they imply by saying the most resources ever ( again this is the second year they had claimed this ) . That implies you did more, and frankly they didnt. Sure they did somethings but i just hate the way they try to make it sound like more than usual when i really dont see where it is.

I brought up how much 2K is able to do in a cycle and pointed out that madden could but just doesnt. Of course i was then "informed" that the only reason 2k could do that much in a cycle was because they had built up MyLeague for so many years first. Which i still dont buy . I am soley talking about the amount of things getting done. The issue is EA wont put the amount of resources into it as 2K does. Thats the sad bottom line . Which is rather pathetic . Even the blog this year they posted lacked real good details on things, almost read more like cliff notes.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #22
Rookie

My thoughts to his issues

1. Accurate Stat Tracking
Yeah. Should be accurate. Hardly at the top of my list of issues

2. Better Injury Presentation and Logic
I've been screaming this for years. Yes, I was happy to see off ball injuries but it can be better. Agreed... show an animation that shows the injury. But honestly, it took 25 years to get this. To be able to put animation to track the injury in next year's game... I just don't see that happening.

And I've been screaming that I should not know the full extent of the injury immediately. If the guy has a torn ACL, he should be out for the game then after the game, I see how bad it is.

3. Coordinator Impact
In order for this to matter, ratings need to matter. Yeah, I know EA said that there will be a disparity between 89 and 90 but does this disparity apply to the AI? Slow LBs still cover fast WRs. So until ratings really matter, this does not matter.

4. Create-A-Team
I would love to make a new team. EA needs to quit blaming the NFL for the lack of this.

5. Weekly Wrap-Up Show
I. Don't. Care. And neither do you... you just don't realize it yet. We all marvel over ESPN 2k5 and their little pre/half/post game show thing but come on... we all Xed through it 90% of the time. And let's be honest... EA will cave in (eventually) and waste time with this nonsense... you know you're not going to like it. It's going to be too this and not enough of that.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
5. Weekly Wrap-Up Show
I. Don't. Care. And neither do you... you just don't realize it yet. We all marvel over ESPN 2k5 and their little pre/half/post game show thing but come on... we all Xed through it 90% of the time. And let's be honest... EA will cave in (eventually) and waste time with this nonsense... you know you're not going to like it. It's going to be too this and not enough of that.
I agree with this 100%! There are so many more important things to focus on that are broken/should be included. No doubt majority of players would skip it after the first few times
Old 05-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #24
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
The issue is EA wont put the amount of resources into it as 2K does. Thats the sad bottom line . Which is rather pathetic . Even the blog this year they posted lacked real good details on things, almost read more like cliff notes.

Couldn't agree more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »