Home

Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game.

This is a discussion on Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2019, 12:19 AM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game.

So i kept reading about things that Madden needs to improve and how it lack of features compared to 2k etc and one thing that stood out is how awful and robotic Madden animations are compared to 2k.

Madden does not get right not only tackling, qb throws eve the basic running animation is bad.

Compared how life like qb motion is from 2k to madden, night and day.

Hopefully we get this loud so dev can spend some resource and get some motion capture instead of those hand made animations they have.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 12:23 AM   #2
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game.

Tbh, those running animations look pretty bad imo.

Playing:
Old 05-08-2019, 06:11 AM   #3
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden Animations, why no one complain about this? They are the soul of the game.

We've been complaining about Madden animations for 10 years.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 05-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll definitely be the first one to say Madden needs clean up in the animation department. They're are some nice wr/db interactions & others however. Madden needs to pull from a bigger pool or have more trigger.

Playing:
Old 05-08-2019, 08:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
So i kept reading about things that Madden needs to improve and how it lack of features compared to 2k etc and one thing that stood out is how awful and robotic Madden animations are compared to 2k.

Madden does not get right not only tackling, qb throws eve the basic running animation is bad.

Compared how life like qb motion is from 2k to madden, night and day.

Hopefully we get this loud so dev can spend some resource and get some motion capture instead of those hand made animations they have.

I never played 2k but came across a video a couple years ago and was blown away how much more it looked like actual football than Madden does. The way the line engages and players move in the open field is far superior than Madden.

I’m hoping the gameplay blog will show us some much needed improvements to this years game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I've never played this game either; but I just so happen to be looking at vid's from older games on youtube and ran across this one. I ordered it from my local Gamestop for $5 and it should be in today. This video by itself doesn't do it justice. There are several showing different parts of the game and it's amazing how a game from 2007 can be better in areas that matter most than games from 2018. I will say this...Madden is gonna be what Madden is...it's never going to have the look and feel of any other football game. They have established what they want their game to look and feel like so...
Old 05-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Madden’s animations are very disjointed, in a vacuum they aren’t necessarily that bad. 2k does a nice job with the transition of animations and making it feel seem less and overall have a more natural feel. Madden on the other hand it’s very easy to see the transition of animations from one to the other, on top of that they have a lot of exaggerated animations, combined lead to a robotic feel. I will say PS2 Madden’s had some of the better running animations in a football game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #8
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Idk, I think they're decent. I certainly wouldn't call animations the soul of the game. Doubt I would rank them in the top 3 most important aspects of a sports game for me. But I still turn on Madden 04 so different strokes for different folks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »