Home

Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #81
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Honestly though Tar, all the current mechanisms they put in place to minimize Hum cheaters in H2H gameplay has guys complaining about the intended functionality to said cheats.
- Nano Detection
- Delayed Defender Reaction when clicked on (was a big one that took heat)
- Timers on Pass Rush
- Timers to reduce Sheds in run

There’s only so much they can do to impact H2H cheaters before those aids in themselves become an issue with the crowd.

Im glad I’m an Offliner!!!
khaliib my man...honestly after that experience, I'm prolly heading back offline for good myself. It's hard to find good online Leagues where there is a balance between Sim rules and common sense stick skills. Hopefully the new trajectories and reductions in INT's over the middle will help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #82
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Not completely defending what they’re trying to build here. But, it’s realistic enough. Meaning, seriously, in a game, as a QB, when u hit several passes in a row, u simply ‘feel in rhythm.’ Same thing for a 3 point shooter in b-ball. U hit 2-3 threes in a row, and you’re ‘on fire.’ Then, suddenly, u brick one and it’s gone. No more ‘zone.’
I am always a bit skeptical when developers try to mimic players being "In the Zone" or clutch factor etc. They are pretty nebulous concepts that I don't think you can really replicate with an algorithm....and are more likely to screw things up. But I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
khaliib my man...honestly after that experience, I'm prolly heading back offline for good myself. It's hard to find good online Leagues where there is a balance between Sim rules and common sense stick skills. Hopefully the new trajectories and reductions in INT's over the middle will help.
Tried 3 games and left the experience feeling violated.

We’ll see what all this looks like in a few months though.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #84
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Will players who begin as a development less that superstar get the abilities associated with SS and X-factor if they progress to SS or X-factor in CFM?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 05-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggestKJ
Regardless of what happens, I buy Madden every year.

However, I'm not sure I'm a fan of this XFactor stuff. People bring it up the Tom Brady example.

But the GOAT doesn't hit his zone because he completed three straight passes. I highly doubt he's thinking, "Man, if I get the ball to Edelman on two straight routes, while rolling to the right, my arms gonna get stronger and I'll be able to fit it into tighter windows."

Sure the greats like Rodgers, Ray Lewis, Brady look like they're in the zone. But the XFactor thing EA Sports is describing here is more of a result of being in "the zone" rather than causing the occurrence of "the zone"

The occurrence of a superstar hitting their zones is a matter of a set of intangibles that allow them to hit peak performance. Things like:

Work Ethic
Competitive Edge
Play IQ
Motor
Persistence
Composure

The list goes on.

I don't know. Maybe I'm crazy. I think the EA Sports guys should look at past scouting reports about superstars and see what is being said about them as far as intangibles go.

Each of these intangibles shouldn't be a guarantee of ratings enhancements, which is what sounds like the XFactor will be. Rather it should be a factor in a likelihood of an enhancement occurring, whether it be Work Ethic allowing for speedier development or Composure allowing a QB to make crisp throws in otherwise meltdown situations
I disagree. There are definitely games where Brady is great and games when he is not so great and never gets comfortable. You can even break that down by quarters.

Take super bowl against Atlanta as an example. Brady was not good for 3 quarters and then he caught fire, got confident, and torched Atlanta in the end.

I am definitely not an EA supporter and disagree with other ideas of theirs but in this case i think they may be onto something. What triggers the factors will make all the difference in its success.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 8

Glad I skipped on Madden 19. My every other year strategy is tough but it makes me enjoy annual sports much more.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is seeing how the animations play out and the polished transition animations. Its great to see the qb throwing animations play out with unique mannerisms. It causes the animation to be longer (stuff that some complain with 2k) but also looks much more realistic. My wish for madden has always been to see realistic animations with smoother transitions.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #87
Rookie

The game speed removal bothers me. *I play on Slow because it’s the more accurate representation of the sport, and the blocking is horrendous on anything faster. *If they don’t at least slow down the default game speed, Madden is permanently going to be unplayable for me
Old 05-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #88
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Will players who begin as a development less that superstar get the abilities associated with SS and X-factor if they progress to SS or X-factor in CFM?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
I would have to think they would, it wouldn't make sense if they didn't gain at least 1 ability. But it is EA so you never know, we'll just have to see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »