Home

Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
So basically what I been saying since Madden 11 and NCAA 11, the lower the throw power for QBs, the better the throwing was in their football games. So instead of just giving everybody a lower throw power rating, they just globally lowered the curve. So a 99 THP in Madden 20 would be like a 85 THP in every other Madden/NCAA game ever created.
Honestly, they had it more realistic before, though. Every year at the combine multiple QB's hit 56 mph or faster on the radar gun, so why cap it at 55? Josh Allen hit 62 mph in 2018, so I think they actually had it spot on before with 62 mph being the cap.

https://www.ourlads.com/story/defaul...2017/10243/dh/
Old 05-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #170
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by peapod0609
Honestly, they had it more realistic before, though. Every year at the combine multiple QB's hit 56 mph or faster on the radar gun, so why cap it at 55? Josh Allen hit 62 mph in 2018, so I think they actually had it spot on before with 62 mph being the cap.

https://www.ourlads.com/story/defaul...2017/10243/dh/
Every year people have tried to force Madden to line up with “real” data metrics and it’s never work because that’s just not how the game is built to get it to animate the best.

Many of the animations driven ratings in Madden run better when lowered to those sweet spots on the scale.

Another big is the SPD rating that is still misunderstood how it’s functionality in Madden.
It just drives how fast the “running” animation will cycle during the game (other animations like Spin etc...)

50-60-70 produces a more natural/smoother running animation during gameplay and allows a bigger SPD disparity being shown when playing.

But gamers are stuck on equating this rating to actual 40 times, instead of what data points will provide a better gameplay experience.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:28 AM   #171
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
All of a sudden? So a playable Pro Bowl has been gone for what...seven, eight years now? And MUT has been a thing since Madden 10. Your timeline doesn't make sense - if they were going to use it to push people to MUT, they would've done it a long time ago.

It's probably more likely that they found a way to make the Pro Bowls work to add an achievable accolade for your Face of the Franchise QB. But that's just me looking at what we know and not trying to twist everything into some way to blame MUT for everything, so...
Yeah I'm biased asf, but I honestly will be surprised if the Pro Bowl isn't tied into MUT somehow. "Score this many points in the pro bowl to unlock pro bowl uniforms for MUT." "Throw for 990 yards in the Pro Bowl with Patrick Mahomes to unlock Pink Liquid Diamond 99ovr Patrick Mahomes in MUT."

But this is just me being overly-fake deep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2019, 11:51 AM   #172
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Life
I can't believe how utterly disappointed I am with these announcements. This is all MUT and Long Shot in disguise as gameplay/franchise features. The only innovation is in marketing this junk masses as feature updates and if it were innovation and not repurposed crap...

- Probowl = MUT games with team helmets

- Boss Battles = Repurposed MUT battles since 2016

- Xfactor = "ratings, they don't work, so lets make MUT badges redux!" They don't know how to create real football strategy so they create arcade-like XP power ups

- UX/UI moving towards MUT views. This isn't a franchise update this is reverting to a crap UX fire that has a mid-90s design

- Schemes - They don't work so ..."Enhancement, were making them less effective"

- The rest are BUG Fixes marketed like..."we are listening to you "

- FoF is Longshot with you being able to make your own QB.

- Scenario engine? Given their examples in the release, what are the odds this even makes sense when playing franchise. No coach texts platers about their jobs! text messages are NOT Immersion

Not one of these things makes me feel like they are doing any REAL work on franchise. Someone at EA must have said "Lets make franchise like MUT so any enhancement to MUT we can market as a franchise update. Doesn't matter as long as it sells."

This is hysterically transparent to me.
The worse part is the BUG fixes. Those weren't bugs in the game. The developers didn't consider players being slow to get up during the play as a bug. They designed it that way specifically and didnt care until now for some reason. I wonder if they will fix the Pass interference penalty "BUGS"
Old 05-13-2019, 12:13 PM   #173
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Random gameplay thought I had over the weekend, I wish the cpu would occasionally burn some of their timeouts before the two minute warning
Old 05-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #174
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I disagree. There are definitely games where Brady is great and games when he is not so great and never gets comfortable. You can even break that down by quarters.

Take super bowl against Atlanta as an example. Brady was not good for 3 quarters and then he caught fire, got confident, and torched Atlanta in the end.

I am definitely not an EA supporter and disagree with other ideas of theirs but in this case i think they may be onto something. What triggers the factors will make all the difference in its success.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You're agreeing with my point right here. Brady catches fire in this particular game, not because what he has already done, but because of his mental makeup (drive, determination, confidence, etc.) It can be generally agreed upon that not everyone can build up confidence in tense situations like Brady. You can argue that he should be super-cold because of the previous three quarters. Brady's confidence allows him to tap into his abilities when needed, despite having such a bad game.

Is Brady confident because he does successfully complete passes in succession? Or is he confident because his mental fortitude, that has been built over his career, allows him to be? I think it's more of the latter then the former. But to each's own.

One game does this well already, and that's the OOTP franchise. Now it's easier to get sim results vs converging sim+animation+user intervention. However, the thought process can be moved towards this type of implementation.

What Madden is doing here is sounds more NBA Jam than what is actually happening on the field.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #175
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
What Romo said on the broadcast means nothing as he didn't have a mic in the players helmets telling them what's coming.
lol obviously. The point is that if a broadcaster knows what's coming next then players and coaches most likely do as well and he was still unstoppable on that drive.

You don't have to like the implementation of the feature, but what they're doing is trying to replicate something in Madden that happens in the NFL which is what all of us ultimately want. I don't know anyone that wants Edelman on their team in past Maddens, but with this new feature he is actually going to be useful. That's awesome progress.

I am a firm believer that excellent and realistic gameplay is going to come when the devs figure out how to make intangibles matter more than speed in video games and this seems like a step towards that. If they can make this 32 yr old 5'10" WR that ran a 4.52 more valuable in M20 than someone like DJ Chark who is 22 yrs old and 6'4" and ran a 4.34, but isn't any good yet in real life, that would be awesome.

The jury is still out on if it will work or if it will be gimmicky and arcadey garbage, but I like the goal they're striving towards.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »