Home

Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2019, 09:40 PM   #25
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 20 Gameplay Deep Dive Part I: Superstar X-Factors Blog

Why would you be able to turn it off for simulation? They’re trying to differentiate players, that would be pointless.

It’s not unsim to throw 80 yards for Mahomes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I liked what I heard about some Game play fixes. My favorite was Pressure/Pass Rush. That could be big for gameplay if Pressure has a bigger affect on passing. That a long with Line Interaction improvements, would be the step in the right direction. I wonder if there will be OL abilities.

I don't really care for "perfect accuracy" on some of those abilities. I get there are counter/limitations and pressure will have an affect. But I don't like the idea of perfect passing. I'm just glad theres not a high percentage of players who are deemed superstars and only a select few will have certain abilities.

I wonder how it applies to CPU players. Are they aware they have that ability? I guess if they still have Traits, that will decide if they will use the ability.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:01 PM   #27
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
My only question is can you turn off X factor in simulation?

I think there have been some questions regarding the ability to ‘turn off’ the x-factor ‘stuff’ based on something Clint said, I believe. While there hasn’t been a definitive ‘yes/no’ on this question, I believe what Clint meant by ‘turning off’ x-factor or zone abilities was simply using the ‘counter’ to it in game. I don’t see this as a toggle switch in settings. I think Clint or maybe another developer just happened to phrase it that way. Like, he was describing Tom Brady getting in the zone and being super accurate in the 4th qtr, but if he got sacked, that would ‘turn off’ his zone ability.

I understand people being worried about EA’s implementation of these ‘abilities,’ but I really don’t think any are going to be overpowering from what we’ve seen so far. And, legit, in the tom Brady example, that actually makes sense. If he’s in the zone, u should send pressure. There’s risk/reward there, of course. But, if u get that sack, now he’s out of rhythm. And, again, I don’t think anything they’ve mentioned will be out of control. And, I can see the simple chess match of these things playing out.

Let me say again that I understand worry from ea madden, I’ve been skeptical for years and will probably always be somewhat skeptical. But, at the same time, most people on this forum have been wanting to see differentiation of players in madden, specifically superstar differentiation. This is their first attempt at it beyond ratings, so I’m willing to see how it goes.

But, again, I really don’t think there’s going to be a toggle in the settings for ‘x-factor abilities’ or something. You have to ‘turn them off’ by playing the counter against them.

And, also, from what they’ve said, the zone abilities, specifically, aren’t going to trigger quickly. There’s going to be some build up to that. And, the more I think about it, the more this actually sounds somewhat realistic. When a qb hits 5-6 big plays in a row, let’s say, he really is ‘in the zone’ and depending on the player, he might get a little more jacked and absolutely bomb he ball (like the bazooka for Mahomes), or he might really amp up his accuracy like Brady. So, idk, time will tell for sure, but I’m intrigued to see how these play out. And, I wouldn’t get your hopes up about toggling it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2019, 10:04 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Read the whole thing

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-09-2019, 10:23 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 19
some of the things I read makes me believe that the game will feel more scripted.*
Old 05-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can we “pump up” the crowd this year?? Lol
Old 05-09-2019, 10:53 PM   #31
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Love what I saw on twitch and read. So to be successful you have to call plays like the team you are playing with. On the twitch stream they used Lamar Jackson as an example. I am optimistic that this will really add a fresh feel to playing as different teams.

My question is...

Will the CPU play differently? Will Lamar scramble etc? Sounds like it. Hoping that is the case.

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #32
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
Can we “pump up” the crowd this year?? Lol

Lol. Maybe, the devs are setting up the marketing team. They purposely took a mostly cosmetic feature from the game. Then, a few years later, they tell the marketing team they’re adding a ‘pump the crowd’ mechanic to the game and they can slap that on the back of the box as a new feature. That type of add-on takes a week, maybe. So, the rest of the time is spent on fixing the legacy gameplay issues. Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »