Home

Removed game speeds?

This is a discussion on Removed game speeds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2019, 10:32 PM   #17
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Removed game speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I hate this so much because you're 100% right. I'm someone who feels that Madden plays, maybe not "too slow", but wayyyy to sluggishly, so I have found myself preferring fast game speed in recent iterations. However, I know for a fact that slow game speed allowed the animations to play out correctly and more smoothly. This sucks... because now I would (if I buy the game), be forced to not only play a game that I feel is too slow, but also one that has bad animations. It's a former dilemma that has turned into a lose-lose situation for a lot of players.
Yeah, I think its a bad move tbh. If anything get the game to work on slow, normal, fast. Some ppl want it faster than normal and slower than normal. This is something only Madden would do. Can't get it to work,scrap it instead of finding a solution & make everyone play the same way - bingo! Its 2019 and we are now down to ONE game speed. NBA2k has 2 speed settings that I can tune in 1pt intervals up or down. 2k's not like umm umm guys we can't figure it out...and get it to work right so ah ya... Who knows maybe it will be a back of the box feature "Now one game speed for all to enhance you're experience!" Or it comes back in the future " Introducing new game speeds"

Taking away options from the gamer is never a good thing.

This definitely slowed my roll for Madden 20....

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-10-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:51 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Yeah, I think its a bad move tbh. If anything get the game to work on slow, normal, fast. Some ppl want it faster than normal and slower than normal. This is something only Madden would do. Can't get it to work,scrap it instead of finding a solution & make everyone play the same way - bingo! Its 2019 and we are now down to ONE game speed. NBA2k has 2 speed settings that I can tune in 1pt intervals up or down. 2k's not like umm umm guys we can't figure it out...and get it to work right so ah ya... Who knows maybe it will be a back of the box feature "Now one game speed for all to enhance you're experience!" Or it comes back in the future " Introducing new game speeds"

Taking away options from the gamer is never a good thing.

This definitely slowed my roll for Madden 20....
Man, I try not to compare Madden to NBA 2K because it's beating a dead horse, but the fact that 2K has not 1, not 2, but 5 different game speed sliders (game speed, player speed [user/cpu], player quickness [user/cpu]) makes Madden look sad. Not even bad. Just plain ole sad.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:00 PM   #19
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
Man, I try not to compare Madden to NBA 2K because it's beating a dead horse, but the fact that 2K has not 1, not 2, but 5 different game speed sliders (game speed, player speed [user/cpu], player quickness [user/cpu]) makes Madden look sad. Not even bad. Just plain ole sad.
Yes very sad, I failed to mention all those as well lol. I know some are rolling their eyes at this, but I'm a gameplay guy first & foremost. This affects gameplay experience. I'll be open minded and give it a chance. Still need to see gameplay, so until then I think I had my soap box.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-10-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #20
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Since I use normal, I’m totally fine with this if it means cleaner animations.

It does suck for those who do not like normal speed though. Completely get that but I imagine it’s a short term fix that’ll be resolved sooner than later.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #21
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Since I use normal, I’m totally fine with this if it means cleaner animations.

It does suck for those who do not like normal speed though. Completely get that but I imagine it’s a short term fix that’ll be resolved sooner than later.
We'll I'm expecting these animations should be butter smooth and transition like none other with only one speed to perfect now. Hopefully, we won't see the stuck barking player dog after plays.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-11-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #22
Rookie

Steve_Bears_34's Arena

Wow....that really sucks. I play on very slow and you can actually see what’s going....and I don’t see any quirky animations...except maybe a little “sticky ness” at the beginning of runs sometimes.
But it doesn’t bother me...so why take it out...?!! It’s for offline play anyway.
I’ve seen so many cool animations of tackles and Dbs making breaks and tipping away passes and such.
This really irks me.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #23
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Bears_34
Wow....that really sucks. I play on very slow and you can actually see what’s going....and I don’t see any quirky animations...except maybe a little “sticky ness” at the beginning of runs sometimes.
But it doesn’t bother me...so why take it out...?!! It’s for offline play anyway.
I’ve seen so many cool animations of tackles and Dbs making breaks and tipping away passes and such.
This really irks me.
I'm with you on this one. I've seen beautiful animations on very slow. You can see momentum & physics play out accordingly most of the time. Just so many good things on lower speeds. We'll see how this plays out and actually plays at release....

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-11-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #24
Rookie

I see a lot of people discuss game speed in relation to animations, but did anyone else use it for difficulty purposes?

I play on all-madden and have always struggled to get a realistic challenge out of the game, mostly due to poor decision-making by the CPU. I felt like if the sliders were set in a way to make the game play fairly and realistically, then I’d win 95% of games. In order to lose I had to make ridiculous adjustments to sliders like absurdly quick CPU block sheds, or insanely high CPU completion percentages (if their QB completed under like 85% of their passes, I’d win every time), or adjust my WR catching or CPU coverage so that I can’t hit deep strikes. (I have never, even once, completed a contested catch more than 30-40 yards down the field in M19, and I play with the Eagles and Alshon Jeffrey. Also, my receivers only ever outrun the coverage if they have an advantage of 8-10 speed on the DB. If my receiver is 95 speed and their defender is 89, my receiver is smothered on go routes.)

I design it that way because that’s the only way I’ll ever lose. However, game speeds have been something that I could use to retain some “fairness” while also making the game much harder. I would play on very fast almost exclusively so that I had much less time to react and make decisions. That way, I could have a game where my runner only has 2YPC and it was because I missed the holes, not because the CPU insta-shedded every block. The cpu would rip off big runs not because my defenders tackled like limp rags due to sliders, but because I missed a key tackle because it happened in the blink of an eye. The biggest change was for my passing game. If the game speed was on normal, I’d have to have my QB sail every other throw or the CPU defenders be running my receivers routes for them or my OLINE just falling out of the way of blocks in order to prevent me from just marching down the field. When everything speeds up to very fast I could have normal amounts of accuracy, normal amounts of separation, and normal blocking abilities and it would still be hard to pass because everything is happening insanely quickly. My decision to go first read or second read had to happen almost immediately after the snap based on the initial movements of the defense because I literally wouldn’t have the time to move my eyes from 1 side of the screen to the other before the window was gone or the pass rush got to me.

Very fast game speed was a game saver for me because it leveled the playing field between the very poor decision making CPU and myself, and it did so without me feeling like I was playing with highschoolers against a bunch of gods with the power to see into the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »