Home

Removed game speeds?

This is a discussion on Removed game speeds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #33
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Removed game speeds?

For me, it all comes down to processing and enjoying the gameplay. If the game default speed is now set too high, and I don't have a few extra milliseconds to process the motion of the play after the snap, my eyes and brain can't reconcile the action fast enough for the game to feel enjoyable.

When I see a play emerge, a receiver get open, or a running lane that's just about to clear, I can anticipate all I want, but I have to take action with my controller to take advantage of the play. If the game speed is too high, I have less time to see these in-play mismatches and I might miss something that other, younger players with quicker reaction times CAN see.

I sure hope the developers did a thorough job comparing the variety of real NFL play speeds and results before setting the speed, rather than relying on their own internal 'feel' of how Madden should play. Please... don't base your game speed on Madden Bowl championship play!!!
Old 05-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #34
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
For me, it all comes down to processing and enjoying the gameplay. If the game default speed is now set too high, and I don't have a few extra milliseconds to process the motion of the play after the snap, my eyes and brain can't reconcile the action fast enough for the game to feel enjoyable.

When I see a play emerge, a receiver get open, or a running lane that's just about to clear, I can anticipate all I want, but I have to take action with my controller to take advantage of the play. If the game speed is too high, I have less time to see these in-play mismatches and I might miss something that other, younger players with quicker reaction times CAN see.

I sure hope the developers did a thorough job comparing the variety of real NFL play speeds and results before setting the speed, rather than relying on their own internal 'feel' of how Madden should play. Please... don't base your game speed on Madden Bowl championship play!!!
Doubt it is set to high/fast. I assume the most popular setting is normal.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #35
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

If anyone is on PC & is familiar with the Frosty Editor and is playing on normal in anticipation of Madden 20s one game speed (assuming it will be normal). Unchecking these 2 boxes helps improve the over hyper sonic animations. Really happy with this find and hopefully will help others. I'm running zero threshold as well. Threshold not only controls speed parity, but also controls the speed of movement imo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190512_104129.jpg (240.5 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-12-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2019, 04:51 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 3

Hard to grasp completely what "removing some gamespeeds" really means.
Is it referring to 1 speed for the game?
Or could they have removed the 2 extreme ends, Very slow/Very fast?
Old 05-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #37
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Hard to grasp completely what "removing some gamespeeds" really means.
Is it referring to 1 speed for the game?
Or could they have removed the 2 extreme ends, Very slow/Very fast?
Good question, we're just assuming normal speed is the only one left considering very slow, slow, fast, & very fast had movement bugs. EA could never get the other speeds right completely. Hard to decipher from EA though.

We removed different Game Speeds from the game, mainly due to the amount of very specific bugs it caused.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-12-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:06 PM   #38
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

There is no harm in being hopeful, but everyone should have the expectation that there will only be one game speed in Madden 20, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:34 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
We'll I'm expecting these animations should be butter smooth and transition like none other with only one speed to perfect now. Hopefully, we won't see the stuck barking player dog after plays.

This is a good point. Now that they have removed the other speeds because of the issues that existed with them and animations we should be able to expect the lone speed to be incredibly smooth and ironed out. If the issues exist on the speed we are stuck with not only do they look bad for not having it ironed out after focusing only on that one speed, but they look terrible for removing options from the consumer without actually fixing the problems. They put themselves in a bad spot with this decision and it is almost a guaranteed lose spot unless they have the animations looking and transitioning like never before.

― Plato
Old 05-12-2019, 11:10 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
If anyone is on PC & is familiar with the Frosty Editor and is playing on normal in anticipation of Madden 20s one game speed (assuming it will be normal). Unchecking these 2 boxes helps improve the over hyper sonic animations. Really happy with this find and hopefully will help others. I'm running zero threshold as well. Threshold not only controls speed parity, but also controls the speed of movement imo.

I always thought unchecking those made it impossible to sprint as the user?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »