Home

Removed game speeds?

This is a discussion on Removed game speeds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2019, 11:21 PM   #57
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Removed game speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The problem that's folks aren't recognizing is if the animations are causing issues then you're expecting them to effectively create and tune three different games

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Agreed, and I doubt they want to devote resources to anything except normal speed. Tournaments are not played in a speed other than normal, right?
Old 05-14-2019, 11:44 PM   #58
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Agreed, and I doubt they want to devote resources to anything except normal speed. Tournaments are not played in a speed other than normal, right?
There played on normal speed.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 AM   #59
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Despite my current reservations about game speed options, I guess the only way to know is to play. Until release date, I'll hold out some hope that other new development and tuning options found their way into this year's release that compensate for the loss of speed options. If 'normal' is the new normal, I guess I better tune up my hands/eyes/brain.

That said, if the Madden team had chosen to keep game speed options in this year's game, and the animation 'stuttering' had remained, it would simply be another feature that 'they didn't fix again this year'. Does the team have the resources to fix the problem? Sure they do. But, this was likely a low priority/high risk/low reward fix, and not worth back-burnering other fixes and feature requests.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:04 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Despite my current reservations about game speed options, I guess the only way to know is to play. Until release date, I'll hold out some hope that other new development and tuning options found their way into this year's release that compensate for the loss of speed options. If 'normal' is the new normal, I guess I better tune up my hands/eyes/brain.

That said, if the Madden team had chosen to keep game speed options in this year's game, and the animation 'stuttering' had remained, it would simply be another feature that 'they didn't fix again this year'. Does the team have the resources to fix the problem? Sure they do. But, this was likely a low priority/high risk/low reward fix, and not worth back-burnering other fixes and feature requests.

What is worse - the bolded scenario or them removing the options as they have and the game not animating clearly better than ever before? I'm not saying that is what is going to happen, but it is what I'd bet on if I had to given their track record. EA has set themselves up for a lose-lose situation basically unless they have a trick up their sleeves to overhaul the way the game animates and it truly is better than ever before.

― Plato
Old 05-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
What is worse - the bolded scenario or them removing the options as they have and the game not animating clearly better than ever before? I'm not saying that is what is going to happen, but it is what I'd bet on if I had to given their track record. EA has set themselves up for a lose-lose situation basically unless they have a trick up their sleeves to overhaul the way the game animates and it truly is better than ever before.
Agreed. Removing options is not ideal. I understand the desire to make the game more smooth, but I’d rather have animation bugs and the option to make the game faster (and thus more challenging) or slower (and thus easier) than have no options and only be able to change the difficulty through slideritis (which usually leads to highly unrealistic gameplay).

I doubt I’ll be admiring the beautiful animations of my QB’s 5th interception in a game that I’m somehow still winning which is only relatively close because of that 5th interception.

Last edited by Jimbo12308; 05-15-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2019, 06:54 PM   #62
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413

I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping that the movement & animation finally feels like next gen, but I doubt that's going to ever happen in Madden - not with this clunker of an engine they've been using for a decade plus. Will see what happens though soon enough.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-15-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:54 AM   #63
Rookie

Removing game speeds does sound horrible but I am a offline-player so if I have 2 I will globally reduce speed, agility and acceleration. Ooo this is coming from a slow and at one point very-slow-speed offline gamer.

Last edited by 318boy; 05-16-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:06 PM   #64
Rookie

I’ve tried playing Madden 19 on Normal speed recently. In preparation for madden 20...I just can’t do it, I like the feel of the game on very slow. I feel that I can see the plays better the interaction between the players seems much better. I’m gutted, but looks like I’m gonna stick with Madden 19 in stead of buying Madden 20. I’m just not feeling the game on Normal speed...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »