Home

Madden throwing animation looks off.

This is a discussion on Madden throwing animation looks off. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden throwing animation looks off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Hopefully they cleaned up the direction of the ball leaving the hand or the direction of the hand. That's been a eyesore for to long. I know it's probably hard to accomplish, but couldn't they just get the 32 QBs to do the motion capture of the throwing animations at least.
That was the first thing I looked at when I slowed down the video. I couldn't see it clearly enough, but it didn't look like it had the motion as if "the ball slipped out of the QB's hand sideways" that I notice quite often concerning past Maddens. Coming from someone who plays on normal speed, all the motions just look crazy fast, so I hope that they tune and slow those down before launch.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:51 PM   #10
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
That was the first thing I looked at when I slowed down the video. I couldn't see it clearly enough, but it didn't look like it had the motion as if "the ball slipped out of the QB's hand sideways" that I notice quite often concerning past Maddens. Coming from someone who plays on normal speed, all the motions just look crazy fast, so I hope that they tune and slow those down before launch.
Hmm, that's interesting. I'm assuming EA is trying to replicate the speed of the game and their over compensating to achieve that. That's one thing I love about NBA2k you can tweak game speed & player speed separately, so you can get the feel & look just right. Madden is really handcuffing movement & not evolving in any way with tools for the user to customize their experience. Very frustrating. While games like FIFA & NHL are lapping Madden in these areas, yet the Madden response is we can't do this or that. Almost should be the slogan moving forward.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-19-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 06:23 PM   #11
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Yeah, I hope this isn't going to end up on the long list of things the Madden team "fixes" but just ends up being the same as before...but it looks like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2019, 08:08 AM   #12
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

It'll never be perfect unless they get the actual guys to come in and throw, and that would be cost prohibitive. I think Mahomes and Brees look OK, but Rodgers looks like Garoppolo.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It'll never be perfect unless they get the actual guys to come in and throw, and that would be cost prohibitive. I think Mahomes and Brees look OK, but Rodgers looks like Garoppolo.
Hey what's up.

I'm not asking to get a perfect replication from their real QB. Just realistic throwing animations. Those madden mocap looks bad. Like someone said above, it looks QB are "pushing" the ball instead of doing the whole arm movement like in Montana's cap. These are small details but it impact on the overall is huge.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #14
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
NBA 2k looks great. They are nearly perfect for a lot of guys. And I’m not sure if they had the real athletes come in.

APF did a great job if replicating past players. The ps2 maddens have much better throwing motions.

Madden throwing motions have been the biggest issue for me.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 3

Traditionally there’s virtually no signature anything in Madden. Phillip Rivers kind of looks different but I’m not sure anyone else does.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
NBA 2k looks great. They are nearly perfect for a lot of guys. And I’m not sure if they had the real athletes come in.

APF did a great job if replicating past players. The ps2 maddens have much better throwing motions.

Madden throwing motions have been the biggest issue for me.
And the most impressive part is that they have yet to implement different running styles in NBA 2K. If they ever add that, the game will look even more life-like for each player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »