Home

Anyone find a fix to DBs stopping in the endzone?

This is a discussion on Anyone find a fix to DBs stopping in the endzone? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Anyone find a fix to DBs stopping in the endzone?

Ive been trying my *** off to fix this (once again i spend half my like fixing these games), but what happens is the DBs will cover the WR until they get far in the endzone toward the back, then they freeze and turn their back. Ive tried 100/100 coverage/reaction to fix this. Didnt work. I had to put aggressive reaction plus all pass catching traits on for each defender, just so at least when they freeze, when the ball is in the air they will try to attack it. This game is so ****ing broken with such easy fixes that I can do a better job. Imo i make more improvements using ratings/sliders/traits then they do. Ive spend hours trying to find why QBs will randomly walk backwards, i spend hours trying to get a realistic passrush (succeed finally), i spend hours trying to get players to attack the ball on offense. The fact that i spend more time fixing this game then madden does every year is sad. I know this is true because i have fixed things in maddens before madden did. I had all players lowered spin move before madden magically realized spin moves dont happen 10 times a game. I had spectacular catch at a realistic rate in 09 when madden had everyplayer doing the tyree catch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone find a fix to DBs stopping in the endzone?

The last two updates cleaned up some of the issues for me concerning WR/DB interactions. For instance, I notice my corner will no longer go into a trance-like state whenever he's in man coverage against "outside release" 9 routes. However, the force-field like effect that takes place in the end zone while in man coverage still occurs regularly. I tried various forms of shading, all to no avail. As a result, I am relegated to playing mostly zone defense in the tight red zone, unless I can get a blitz home quickly.

Sorry I couldn't bring you a fix mate. I truly believe at least part of the issue with the DB endzone freeze is caused by them being defaulted into an "under" leverage, no matter what you manually assign. I say that because when trying to play underneath anywhere on the field, my corner will slow down or jog in an exaggerated manner. Therefore, when I play cover 1 hole or robber, I play outside and over leverage. When I play 2 man under, I play inside and over leverage and it works out well.

Last edited by edgevoice; 02-17-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #3
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I have always had trouble with this myself, but i also noticed it happened a lot when i was in man coverage, so i switched to playing mostly zone in the red zone and found to not have this happen as much.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #4
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

This issue is rearing its ugly head again in man coverage on All-Madden. Every one of my DBs freezes upon a CPU WR cutting into his route. Absolutely atrocious. All-Madden should be made more difficult without cheesing like this. Refuse to play on All-Pro because it's too easy

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
This issue is rearing its ugly head again in man coverage on All-Madden. Every one of my DBs freezes upon a CPU WR cutting into his route. Absolutely atrocious. All-Madden should be made more difficult without cheesing like this. Refuse to play on All-Pro because it's too easy

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I am seeing it somewhat on All Pro as well. However, full disclosure, I am playing with user-defeated sliders, since All Pro is much too easy on default.

I am not seeing it as a glitch like was previously experienced. Every once in awhile, it appears at random, so I just look at it like my player got beat. Terrible way to animate the outcome.

DB man coverage freeze in endzone is still alive and well, so I simply play zone. I haven't played on All Madden since OOTB release. At that time, if I played a combination of both outside and over-the-top leverage, man coverage played fairly well. Of course, I was then at the mercy as to how my robber or hole defender would help me over the middle....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2019, 08:19 AM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I think it's logic for playing static zone defense in the red area sort of "leaking" into areas where it doesn't belong. Madden actually does a decent job of adapting coverages to short field situations, but if taken into the end zone by the routes when it wasn't there at the snap, it seems to get confused.

Keep in mind that DBs are taught to stay underneath their man in the end zone, even to the point of purposefully slowing their backpedal to allow the receiver ot get deeper when they've got an end line to protect them over the top (this is why the end zone fade has dropped in popularity in the red zone compared to hi-low concepts around the hash marks or out wide on designed rollouts). So it might be this as well, poorly executed.

Do you have any video? I'm wondering if I'm misinterpreting what you're trying to get across.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »