Home

Madden 20 Superstar X-factors, Gang sacks, refinements, and much more (Analysis)

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Superstar X-factors, Gang sacks, refinements, and much more (Analysis) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden 20 Superstar X-factors, Gang sacks, refinements, and much more (Analysis)

Every week between now and Madden NFL 20’s highly anticipated debut this summer, EA will be...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 20 Superstar X-factors, Gang sacks, refinements, and much more (Analysis)

I don't really understand the gang sacks thing, aren't there already gang sacks with half sack stats?
Old 05-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Superstar X-factors, Gang sacks, refinements, and much more (Analysis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I don't really understand the gang sacks thing, aren't there already gang sacks with half sack stats?

I think it’s more about the animations. The gang tackle sack animations were always a bit off or nonexistent, really. The stats were tracked, I’ve seen plenty of half sacks recorded. But, I really think it’s just the animations. A second player coming in to clean up the sack never looked quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2019, 10:40 PM   #4
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

How can we be excited about hurry up automatically getting us to the line? Does this mean we won’t see players running up to the line? That’s totally opposite of immersion they were wanting to fix.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
How can we be excited about hurry up automatically getting us to the line? Does this mean we won’t see players running up to the line? That’s totally opposite of immersion they were wanting to fix.

It would be even more immersive to take what I picked on offense, take what the defense picked, and then sim it real quick and give me the result, then let me pick my next play and continue on. That will speed the game up even more and fits their strange view of immersion building.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2019, 11:34 PM   #6
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
All great questions. I mean someone needs to explain to whomever the meaning of immersion in a video game...this is the opposite. I like how they're spinning it though like we're gaining something..SMH.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:00 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
This is one thing that has me worried.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:10 AM   #8
Rookie

m29a's Arena

I get the reasoning behind the "Streamlined Pre-Play, Post-Play, and No Huddle Experiences".

And so I think for the average joes/masses who play this game, this is going to be a positive change.

Obviously there should be more options around this stuff though. It's not ideal for everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »