Home

Madden NFL 20 Twitch Stream - Gameplay Deep Dive

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Twitch Stream - Gameplay Deep Dive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2019, 04:28 PM   #65
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 20 Twitch Stream - Gameplay Deep Dive

The new locomotion looked good in the RPOs in my view

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #66
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
What i really do not for the life of me understand about this issue. Why not give people the OPTION ......to view or not view? Why is EA so affraid of giving people choices? Leave the stuff in there, if people want to skip it there are two ways around this i can think of right off the top of my head.

1- Let you press X to skip

2- Have an option in settings :
Streamline Gameplay and Remove Cutscenes - ON or OFF

See how simple that is EA? #ComeOnMan
So I watched the stream again and based on what I heard, Clint said a "shortened post play presentation experience". What they did remove was the players walking to the line to get set pre-play.

Not saying I approve or disapprove. Just what I heard.

--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #67
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
The new locomotion looked good in the RPOs in my view

That's what I thought as well, was actually impressed with the movement & speed. Waiting to see how everything looks with more players on the field. Maybe the one speed will work for me.

Playing:
Old 05-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #68
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden NFL 20 Twitch Stream - Gameplay Deep Dive

RPOs are irrelevant if user controlled defenders have the same ability to change direction and accelerate as 19.As it is now keyed defenders can bite on the run and play the wr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #69
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

They completely removed the players breaking from the huddle and getting to the line? I know it sounds petty but to me that's a big deal. Why would they take that out?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-24-2019, 10:39 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 0

With the streamlined post play presentation, I wonder how they are going to match the commentary. I really like Gaudin and Davis, but Davis' lines are already quite long, so I would think they are going to have to overall that. Really think it's odd that EA just doesn't add a setting allowing the user to select Normal or Quick presentation.

I enjoy watching the cinematic replays post-play. Not everybody is in a hurry. What's so wrong with wanting to chill for a bit after each play? If I want to skip the replay, I already have the option to just hit A and call the next play. Not sure it makes a whole lot of sense to waste resources on fixing something that isn't broken. Instead, that time could have been used on improving the game.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:52 PM   #71
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
With the streamlined post play presentation, I wonder how they are going to match the commentary. I really like Gaudin and Davis, but Davis' lines are already quite long, so I would think they are going to have to overall that. Really think it's odd that EA just doesn't add a setting allowing the user to select Normal or Quick presentation.

I enjoy watching the cinematic replays post-play. Not everybody is in a hurry. What's so wrong with wanting to chill for a bit after each play? If I want to skip the replay, I already have the option to just hit A and call the next play. Not sure it makes a whole lot of sense to waste resources on fixing something that isn't broken. Instead, that time could have been used on improving the game.
Yeah, I don't think anyone gets this move except the tourney crowd. Madden is moving towards the one size fits all direction, which is not good for the sim community. Mark my words the comp, sim, arcade modes will be removed in a few yrs. Sim & comp are almost identical modes already as far as gameplay.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-24-2019 at 10:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 11:38 PM   #72
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice

But it isn't just hitting A, you have to hold a for 2 seconds almost every other play when they decide to show you super repetitive presentation elements while trying to focus on the game. It even happens when you use the "quick presentation" option in quick match.

For me, playing Madden 19 for probably 200 hours, the constant button mashing/holding just to get to the gameplay became rather annoying. To be fair, I have the same issue with NBA 2K. I've hoped for years that they'd have a way to skip all the non gameplay stuff. I've seen the bike and dunk tricks/player interviews/cheerleaders in 2k19 too many times to count... it's so old. Yeah, it was cool and fresh to see the first few times, but who in the world wants to see it over and over throughout the year?

Edit: Forgot to mention 2K19 does at least allow you to turn off "action replays" and "after basket camera cuts" in the options which was always nice to have.

But no doubt there should be an option/toggle for all this speed up stuff, but I would say this is also aimed towards casuals/average joes too, not just tourney crowd. I think you guys would be surprised at how many people out there are button mashing every presentation element.

Personally, this might make me play more Madden 20 compared to 19.

Last edited by m29a; 05-25-2019 at 05:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »