Home

I am surprised nobody asking about Madden 20 difficulty levels

This is a discussion on I am surprised nobody asking about Madden 20 difficulty levels within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
I am surprised nobody asking about Madden 20 difficulty levels

All pro is too easy and all madden is too hard since this Gen started.I think they should make one more extra level that makes the AI smarter then ever, like:QB decision making based on IQ ratings,and the CPU running game needs to challenge the user as well.
We definitely need more new sliders for our liking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: I am surprised nobody asking about Madden 20 difficulty levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
All pro is too easy and all madden is too hard since this Gen started.I think they should make one more extra level that makes the AI smarter then ever, like:QB decision making based on IQ ratings,and the CPU running game needs to challenge the user as well.
I would love to see a return of the sliders we had in Madden 12. They worked beautifully and game played very organic. Only had to tune user side of the fence to bring about the gameplay experience I wanted.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:31 AM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Is anyone even talking about it for M19? I've enjoyed all pro stock and w/ sliders in 19. Still do, little reason to expect much to change in 20 so there's nothing really driving that conversation.

How do you fix it, abstractly wanting another difficulty between two doesn't seem helpful, what specifically do you want that isn't accomplished by sliders?
Old 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Is anyone even talking about it for M19? I've enjoyed all pro stock and w/ sliders in 19. Still do, little reason to expect much to change in 20 so there's nothing really driving that conversation.

How do you fix it, abstractly wanting another difficulty between two doesn't seem helpful, what specifically do you want that isn't accomplished by sliders?
I would like to at least see a return of the break block slider that we used to have, which was tied to the running game.

I agree with you, very little reason to anticipate any changes to sliders, although one of the devs stated a few months ago that they need to be looked in to. I got my hopes up then, but have since heard nothing.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:07 AM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

Yea I had a hard time with 19 finding a good difficulty level for play vs the CPU. On All pro even with any slider set that I tried I found it too easy to win. All Madden without any slider adjustments still has some cheesy play from the CPU, not as bad as previous Maddens but it's still there. I finally settled on all madden with a slider set that got rid of a lot of the cheese but still kept the difficulty level up. It still needs some work though, itd be cool if they could bring back dynamic difficulties.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2019, 09:30 AM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO All-Madden has been tunable the last couple of years to the point where you can get a very balanced game. The thing is that a difference of 2 or 3 points on a given slider makes a big difference on AM, so you really needed to put in the time on each slider to make it work, but it was worth the effort, IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #7
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

OP is correct.

Just for fun I played a game on All Pro.
Human sliders all at 1, except WR catching (15) and QB accuracy (25).
CPU sliders all @99 except QB accuracy (40), pass blocking (40) and WR catching (40).

It was competitive, I won 23-20, but I had three running backs go over 100 yards (Lindsay, Booker and Freeman)...

How do I have 3 running backs go over 100 when my run blocking slider is at 1 and CPU Tackling @99?

Its not like I ran outside runs, it was dives and zone plays, only a few 20+ yard runs.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:57 PM   #8
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I agree that All Madden is too hard. But All Pro can still be a challenge if you gt into the slider science.

If there was another difficulty level, I'd want it to be between Pro and All Pro. Make Pro for newer players that want some challenge, and make All Pro for players that have been around for a while and are willing to accept whatever AI cheat logic might be embedded in the game.

Above all, make the algorithm transparent so customers have a better understanding of how the difficulties work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »