Home

Madden's aging fanbase

This is a discussion on Madden's aging fanbase within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #49
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's aging fanbase

38. Playing Madden since PS1 era. I only play franchise mode. I miss those times when franchise mode was the heart of Madden (PS2 era). Now it's MUT (Online). Hard times for offline players who love american football...
Old 06-02-2019, 01:35 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Been playing video games football since Great Football on the Commodore 64.
Madden since it came on the scene then left it for 2k. Then came back when 2k lost it's place.

I personally feel that Madden hasn't been made for me or my style for a long time. I'm a franchise guy. Mainly offline because it is so hard to find a group of older parents like myself to not only play but play sim style.

Most of the community I run into are tourney style players running whatever it takes to win.
So to answer the original post.

I feel personally Madden is turning from the group that started them and going towards the new generation. And that's not bad. Everything tends to sway towards younger and new money.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

34, think I'm a bit on the later side of Madden playing - only since Madden 99 . Then when the online franchises of 2001 and 2002 kicked in, I went a bit crazy and played/committed in many leagues. Always pursuing sim as much as possible, so sliders in EA games have saved my experiences from giving in completely to the constant online/fast/twitchy/MUT accommodations we have now.

Hope is dangerous but enjoying the ride. Looking forward to each and every year of Madden, and can't wait to dig into another version for another year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #52
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm 40. Been playing since 1992. Over the decades though I always thought other football games were better then Madden. Joe Montana Sports Talk Football, Game Day, NFL 2K and the entire NCAA series. Really I only bought Madden just for I could export my NCAA graduating class over to continue on with my college kids. When I first saw MUT in NCAA 14, I knew sports games will be forever changed.

Now I play Madden here and there. Madden 19 being on PC had me excited for a little bit. But then when I noticed that they have yet to fix the snow or rain falling when you use MSAA, I was like oh here we go, EA being EA again. But hey I have Origin Premiere so all EA games being free on there lessens the sting of EA being EA by a whole lot. Nowadays I enjoy FIFA and MLB The Show way more then Madden the past 4 years.

And since I have returned to PC gaming 4 or 5 years ago, my time playing sports games dropped by a ton. I am more into RTS and city builders now. I have learned to accept Madden most likely will never be what I want it to be. It is all about MUT and esports now. When I look at how many former Game Changers, Youtubers and Twitch streamers that work for Madden and NBA Live now, then yeah, I know it will further go into that direction.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:08 PM   #53
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the older generation is waiting for the franchise glory years to come back. The younger generation were brought up when MUT became a thing and games tend to skew towards a younger audience. But OS tends to skew towards an older crowd anyway. I do see a lot more of the OS crowd on reddit now. At least a lot of usernames I recognize.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #54
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

49 here and I have no serious expectations for Madden. I liked some more than other over the years, but now I say why bother...Do you know how long I have heard the phrase next year lol …..By now and I'm talking over 20 something years Madden should be the most complete sim football game by now..

it is not like I said I just enjoy what I can enjoy and that's it.

P.S. don't take Maddens every marketing word as gospel. Each and every year its the same Marketing ploy over promise and under deliver....

I will buy Madden 20 only because I just love Football!!

Go Tigers!!

Last edited by tyberious4now; 06-02-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:47 PM   #55
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

34 here and have played Madden since it's inception. I long for those days of waiting in lines for midnight releases. The golden age of the early 2000s were something else. Nothing I enjoyed more than importing my NCAA draft classes to Madden. Sadly, those days feel centuries ago. I honestly haven't played a full season since probably Madden 08 or 09. Always good intentions but then disappointment sets in and I just can't force myself to play. So many issues and workarounds it feels like a job to grind through multiple years...if I have to work, I'd rather get paid lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2019, 10:50 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Almost 34 here. Got a wife and 2 kids but during the school year on days when I don’t have to work (I’m a nurse so I work 3 12 hour days a week), if my wife works and after the kids get on the bus I can usually get a couple games in before I realize I gotta do something else as I kinda feel crappy after playing too much. I’ve always welcomed presentation aspect of games but with Madden its always been way too repetitive so I button through it all, if they want to skip through the walk to the line of scrimmage now too then fine. I know I’m not the target demographic so I’m never really expecting them to do a bunch of things that I want and that’s fine. I spend 65$ on it and I get enough enjoyment from it, I have to spend that same price on a tank of gas for the car every couple weeks, so there’s worse things to complain about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »