Home

Is Madden 20 Missing the 'Wow' Factor

This is a discussion on Is Madden 20 Missing the 'Wow' Factor within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Is Madden 20 Missing the 'Wow' Factor

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma...he-wow-factor/

Good article from Forbes summing up a lot of the sentiment I've been seeing around the forums on Madden 20.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is Madden 20 Missing the 'Wow' Factor

They’ve been missing that for what.. 14 years?
Old 05-30-2019, 02:26 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions2k9
They’ve been missing that for what.. 14 years?

I agree. I have no hype for this years game, but it seems like most of this has been brought on by being underwhelmed every year for a few years now.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I disagree with the author's opinions. I would prefer an early show of what a new game will feature, in regards to sports games, so feedback can be organized, evaluated, and hopefully, some changes can be made if needed.

I am not a fan of the "back of the box" big feature. I understand the reasoning from a marketing perspective, but that flashy marketing seems to force executives to tunnel their vision of the final product. This can leave many parts of a product left unattended, and you also risk a very poor game if that one super new feature is a failure.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

To be honest, I haven't played any sports game in like the last 15 - 16 yrs that gave me the wow factor. Probably, NBA2K3 for the first time due to the graphics & movement. It's kinda like searching for that big foot, you'll never find. I dunno maybe cause I'm older no matter the sport it all gets like a rinse, wash, watered down sports cycle on repeat.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 05-30-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

For me the gameplay and AI improvements determine the WOW factor every year, so I can't speak to Madden 20 at all yet. I also feel that ones general feeling toward the Madden franchise greatly influences the perspective you have toward each game. Those people who have a mostly negative feeling toward Madden are going to require something that they perceive as spectacular to not always have an initial blase feeling toward each years offerings.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

This seems to be the sentiment from most people but oddly enough EA has my attention more this year than they have for years. I’ve had the same 4 or 5 request now for about 5 years straight now and this year player differentiation is one of their main focuses. I have been a loud voice about this for many years now. This with stretched ratings, improved pass rush, ball trajectory, improved RPM and scenario engine is enough for make to pay attention.

Obviously EA has to prove to me this all works but I’m hoping for the best and expecting to be severely disappointed. But my point remains, the hype my not be there but in the end, we may get more out of this year then we have in a generation.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:28 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Mtmetcalf hit the nail on the head for me.

The differentation of the superstars vs avg Joe's is something I've been wanting for awhile and more of a ratings spread.

Gameplay is king for me and everything else is icing on the cake.

And something that 4thqtr mentioned too, WOW factor to me is something that is eye popping, back of the box feature. I would consider a halftime show a back of the box feature that I know the author is looking for.

I think presentation starts in the middle of June, based on what I saw someone post on here. It would be a shame not to have a presentation blog.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »