Home

The X-factor onfield logos are a problem

This is a discussion on The X-factor onfield logos are a problem within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2019, 02:22 AM   #33
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The X-factor onfield logos are a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
That's the thing tho... you knew when Farve was or wasn't hot, and there were absolutely 0 "x-factor engaged" graphics on the screen. The game itself SHOWED you that Farve was hot. That's not what Madden is doing. Madden is looking at the player's stats, then giving him a ratings boost whenever he surpasses certain stats. That's bad now, tomorrow, and forever. Because here's the thing, why would a player who is hot need a ratings boost? They're already hot without it! Being in the zone is all natural. There's nothing natural about reaching 340 yards and then having perfect accuracy and being able to throw 10 extra yards down the field.
Ratings boost to show positive effects and when something is cold, there is a decrease in ratings. This is a basic system in many games. World of Warcraft is a perfect example.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Ratings boost to show positive effects and when something is cold, there is a decrease in ratings. This is a basic system in many games. World of Warcraft is a perfect example.
I haven't heard anything about Madden players being cold though. The last time I remember them doing that was Madden 11 or so. It seems like there are zero downsides to having these abilities and x-factor thingies
Old 06-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #35
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I haven't heard anything about Madden players being cold though. The last time I remember them doing that was Madden 11 or so. It seems like there are zero downsides to having these abilities and x-factor thingies
They'll never do this because the NFLPA would throw a fit, but there should be negative "X Factor" traits or whatever you want to call it. "Diva" WR who gets testy when he's not targeted enough (or just mails it in for the rest of the game like Randy Moss did sometimes).

Or a "streaky" trait for QBs. Jay Cutler could throw 5 touchdowns in one game but if he makes a mistake the next game, he has a tendency to throw a lot of interceptions.

Now THAT would add some realism to the game.

Edit: forgot to add, those X-factor icons are hideous and way too big. I never minded the captain stars because they weren't that immersion breaking. These are just ugly.

Last edited by ijumpedthegun; 06-10-2019 at 09:53 AM. Reason: More stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #36
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

The whole game is a problem.....
This might be the worst year to year cycle of updates/features the madden team has ever put out.

They are clearly trying to create a mode with face of the franchise, to eventually mimic NBA 2ks my career neighborhood mode further down the line. It’s all about coming up with ways to get people to buy virtual currency. Everything in the gaming industry revolves around it now. Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can only be a QB in this new mode???? Lol! Typical Half azzed feature from EA. They will abandon face of the franchise mode 2 years from now and maybe even completely remove it 4-5 years down the road when 2k comes out with another creative fun mode for EA to copycat.

It’s really sad that this company just can’t figure anything out on their own and continue to operate this way year after year. Way too many cooks in the kitchen. You can tell by how the focus just changes so much from year to year. Too many idea guys and clearly no one is on the same page in that office.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #37
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
They'll never do this because the NFLPA would throw a fit, but there should be negative "X Factor" traits or whatever you want to call it. "Diva" WR who gets testy when he's not targeted enough (or just mails it in for the rest of the game like Randy Moss did sometimes).

Or a "streaky" trait for QBs. Jay Cutler could throw 5 touchdowns in one game but if he makes a mistake the next game, he has a tendency to throw a lot of interceptions.

Now THAT would add some realism to the game.

Edit: forgot to add, those X-factor icons are hideous and way too big. I never minded the captain stars because they weren't that immersion breaking. These are just ugly.
This happens anyways as we are controlling the QB. I've thrown 5 INTs in a game before. Had 20 INTs in a season. Yes it's probably from the ballhawk feature with super LBs but still happens. 4 TDs one game, 3 INTs the next.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #38
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
The whole game is a problem.....
This might be the worst year to year cycle of updates/features the madden team has ever put out.

They are clearly trying to create a mode with face of the franchise, to eventually mimic NBA 2ks my career neighborhood mode further down the line. It’s all about coming up with ways to get people to buy virtual currency. Everything in the gaming industry revolves around it now. Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can only be a QB in this new mode???? Lol! Typical Half azzed feature from EA. They will abandon face of the franchise mode 2 years from now and maybe even completely remove it 4-5 years down the road when 2k comes out with another creative fun mode for EA to copycat.

It’s really sad that this company just can’t figure anything out on their own and continue to operate this way year after year. Way too many cooks in the kitchen. You can tell by how the focus just changes so much from year to year. Too many idea guys and clearly no one is on the same page in that office.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't actually remember where they landed on the question of can you play other positions in Face of the Franchise. I thought I'd read early on you could, but all they talk about now is QB.

The lack of new "back of the box" features in CFM this year is disappointing, but I haven't given up all hope yet. I'm never one to buy into "this is the year where they perfect/refine the stuff they already have," but I think the ratings spread and X Factor stuff, as well as some of the other features, has the potential to change the way CFM plays. I'm in "wait and see" mode.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:25 AM   #39
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

i just dont get why the indicator has to be so bold and in your face. couldnt it be like a red ring around the players base that pulses or glows when the are in the zone?
Old 06-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #40
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
This happens anyways as we are controlling the QB. I've thrown 5 INTs in a game before. Had 20 INTs in a season. Yes it's probably from the ballhawk feature with super LBs but still happens. 4 TDs one game, 3 INTs the next.
If I could pick one feature to get rid of in Madden for 20 it would be the ballhawk feature. In my online 32 user franchise we have guys that are already talented enough in user coverage that they would probably record 10 to 15 ints a year with the MLB WITHOUT the ballhawk feature. With the ballhawk feature they are recording 20 to 30 ints a season with the MLB alone. Hopefully in 20 with the new pass trajectories this is somewhat toned down, unfortunately I don't think the ballhawk feature is going anywhere.

On the topic of the x-factor icons, I really hope they change them before the game is released. I'm not a fan of the way they looked in the EA play stream. They just seem unnecessarily large and in your face. Hopefully they are able to come up with a design that is a little more subtle for the final product if the icons are here to stay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »