Home

Madden NFL 20 EA Play Livestream Starting Now - Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 EA Play Livestream Starting Now - Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2019, 03:01 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 20 EA Play Livestream Starting Now - Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
I understand what you mean and I'm somewhat torn myself. Technically these super stars do exactly what it is these special abilities are. It just feels like it's "gamified" but that makes sense since we're playing a game.

It's a hard thing to do, because when I pick the Rams I'm expecting Todd Gurley to be monstrous and do what he does best, he needs to feel better than the other backs in the game since hes proven to be the best current running back.

As long as there are ways to negate stars getting into the zone then this should make the stars of these teams feel unique.

I'm not a fan of things like the Bazooka trait. Mahomes doesn't just gain the ability to throw the ball 15 yards further. He has that are strength at all times. If he gets in the zone let him make reads quicker, make throws more accurately, etc.

Not all of them looked terrible, but I guess I had set my expectations higher despite knowing this was EA. Like, absolute perfect accuracy on the run, those ridiculous cuts Mahomes was making in the pocket, that all looked real bad. Others looked alright.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
Nah they doesn't : that pretty sad
It would've been so easy to program OL abilities as well....

Unless the OL is pre-programmed to be overpowered in the first place, and the DL/LB abilities are to combat that.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #27
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
So I guess the DL will have a field day

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
It makes me wonder if OL is going to be completely interchangeable like past years. So, you'll never need to truly spend money on that 90+ left tackle cause he'll get abused the same as a 70 overall.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #28
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Yeah I'm not a fan of the "perfect accuracy" on some the passing abilities. I know they can be countered by pressure and things like that and I'd imagine if you give any of these guys, including some of the backup QB's all day to throw they'll be NEAR perfect. There were some animations and things that I saw that looked faster than I expected as well but again, I'm just going to wait for the EA Access trial to play and form my own opinion. No sense trying to pick apart 5-10 second clips IMO.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-08-2019, 03:08 PM   #29
Rookie

Im sorry, but this game looks worse then ever before. Everything from the beyond ridiculous xfactor marks underneath players feet, to twitchy gameplay, to odd looking ultimate team menu colors that make you feel you are about to play some streetfighter to the graphics that are always getting talked about but dont seem like they improved the last 5 years.

Just more of the same, and bunch of arcady mechanics that are meant to sell cards because lets face it, if you dont have the Xfactor players on your team, you are at a huge disadvantage with the crazy things they can do this year, all of this is tailor-made to sell cards/packs.

Even the entire twitch chat were incredibly negative, seemed like there was no madden fan base not even in the building.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm not a fan of things like the Bazooka trait. Mahomes doesn't just gain the ability to throw the ball 15 yards further. He has that are strength at all times. If he gets in the zone let him make reads quicker, make throws more accurately, etc.

Not all of them looked terrible, but I guess I had set my expectations higher despite knowing this was EA. Like, absolute perfect accuracy on the run, those ridiculous cuts Mahomes was making in the pocket, that all looked real bad. Others looked alright.
Yeah, boosting physical attributes like strength and speed are never a good thing imo. The only physical attribute that I think would work is fatigue. Because when you are in the zone, there is a very good possibility that you forget to be tired.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27

Unless the OL is pre-programmed to be overpowered in the first place, and the DL/LB abilities are to combat that.

The OL is way OP in the base game. On the PC in order for my mod to get more realistic pass and run blocking I had to set up the pass blocking ramps to where the 99 rated pass blockers are blocking more like a 65-70 rated pass blocker and then it follows a curve down from that. Makes the ratings matter more. With the run blocking I had to ramp it down even further to around the 50 range.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #32
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27

yep that concerning me when LT or RT are 99 overall rating and gave up many sacks against best pass rusher like 90 overall rating that has Superstar Factor abilities to have overpowered against LT.LG,C,RG,RT

Last edited by michaelhawj; 06-08-2019 at 03:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »