Home

Push to hide ALL development traits

This is a discussion on Push to hide ALL development traits within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0
Push to hide ALL development traits

For those that get access to the beta, and even now. We need to seriously push EA to hide all of the development traits for rookies until mid season. I was able to play the beta last year, and hope to again, and in the review section we need to voice what can make franchise mode better and I believe this will. Atleast give us an option in the franchise settings. its currently set for just the superstar X guys. For all of us that utilize franchise mode, this will instantly increase immersion for us. Guys might play rookies just to acquire the experience to unlock the development trait. It changes alot of things. Its not perfect but its a start. While we are also able to see all of the ratings, it'd be nice if we just had an option for letter grades instead of the number ratings in Madden. Scouts say hes an excellent tackler(A), one of the best tacklers ever(A+), not he has a 92 tackle rating. I know theirs so much more i can add, but i think if madden was able to incorporate this into this years madden, we would be alot more satisfied.

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Re: Push to hide ALL development traits

Yeah when I read in the blog that only the Superstar and Superstar X-Factor traits would be hidden on rookies that get drafted I said out loud "that's really dumb" and I still stand by that. Because if you hide those then automatically we KNOW it's a high dev trait guy which takes part of the excitement away of drafting a player IMO.

Combine that with the fact that it seems like they just got rid of the dynamic dev trait system (I remember reading that traits would no longer go up or down....one or the other I can't remember) and that just makes Franchise mode a bit more static when it should be a living breathing world. I hope everyone who gets a beta code continues the push and we can make this happen!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-08-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

All for options for players. Let us hide all of the development traits if we want. Let us add more fog of war to the ratings if we want. Let us toggle on dynamic development traits if we want. I don't understand why EA seems so anti-options.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 06-08-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
Pro

Give us options EA! Having the traits is good, but it would be great if we could control when, where, how, and why we see them. Gotta realize that 90% of what makes games great games "great", is the amount of freedom and customization the game has.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

If I had my way I’d hide them permanently, I have no desire to see them at any point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2019, 08:52 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Maybe I'm missing something, but won't you be able to tell by comparing XP gains anyways?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Maybe I'm missing something, but won't you be able to tell by comparing XP gains anyways?

I'd say most of us who want development traits hidden would love nothing more than to rid of the XP system in the first place and get something more organic in. That's wishful thinking. I also think it is safe to assume that those of us who want to hide the traits would also want to hide the XP gains. Give us the options to hide as much or little as we want.

― Plato
Old 06-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #8
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I would love all rookies dev traits hidden until at least week 8. But if that can't happen then at least until pre-season. Show an overall so someone get some feedback but hide the dev. I don't know why they don't do this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »