Home

Madden 20 ( hands on impressions )

This is a discussion on Madden 20 ( hands on impressions ) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #25
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 ( hands on impressions )

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Are you thinking it's not enough time for adjustments?

Seems too quick in the videos. Somewhat for adjustments but also identifying the formation and where guys are lined up on the offense. I know they've said 5 seconds, and if so that's fine, but if it's as quick as some of these videos look it seems like you could just rapid fire plays before the defense can wrap it's head around what's going on. I'm a solo cfm guy and i assume the cpu isn't going to spam this, but it just seems strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Seems too quick in the videos. Somewhat for adjustments but also identifying the formation and where guys are lined up on the offense. I know they've said 5 seconds, and if so that's fine, but if it's as quick as some of these videos look it seems like you could just rapid fire plays before the defense can wrap it's head around what's going on. I'm a solo cfm guy and i assume the cpu isn't going to spam this, but it just seems strange.
I'm not sure if you saw this Tweet from Clint, but he answered this before EA Play:

Reiterate & emphasize: MINIMUM time means that’s the quickest time allowed before you can snap. If you want to take more time than that for adjustments, you can.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #27
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
One play alone shouldn’t qualify any player for superstar ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s true. But, he’s shown his athleticism (when healthy). I was just pointing out that he actually has had a ‘ridiculous madden mlb lurk jumping INT.’ Lol. As good as keuchly is as an overall mlb, I’d actually doubt he can out jump Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
The underlined above is why I am not at all in favor of "the-walk-up" being eliminated. However, I would understand if it were being made an option for those who desired to play that way.

Hard to say how long we are going to have to set our defense in franchise mode against the cpu, since only head-to-head play has been shown so far. It takes very little time to make adjustments defensively pre-snap, yet we do need time to see the offensive formation as well, in order to make them properly.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #29
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Somewhat for adjustments but also identifying the formation and where guys are lined up on the offense.
A heads up on this, it's going to show you the formation the opposing offense has chosen and initially coming out in during the defensive play-call screen.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #30
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
A heads up on this, it's going to show you the formation the opposing offense has chosen and initially coming out in during the defensive play-call screen.

That's awesome news. I think there's ways (like this) that they can make the walk up elimination work, but they've gotta take care of the defense.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #31
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

As a huge football fan, I want to find a reason to play and buy Madden. Hell I did last year and I only played it the first week it was out and then got bored. I just don't see much so far that looks like anything new or fresh. Just more of the same. Sigh. I wonder if I'll cave and buy it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
But, what about during the hurry up? Can't the offensive guys just spam hurry up the whole game and not give the defense time to adjust?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »