Home

Madden 20 ( hands on impressions )

This is a discussion on Madden 20 ( hands on impressions ) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #33
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 20 ( hands on impressions )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
But, what about during the hurry up? Can't the offensive guys just spam hurry up the whole game and not give the defense time to adjust?
This is where the biggest issues are going to be and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point early on, hurry up reverts back to the way it is now because it feels pretty helpless on defense when the other person is in hurry running the same play. I'm not a person who makes a ton of adjustments on D but hurry up against both the CPU and User gives you very little time to do anything.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is where the biggest issues are going to be and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point early on, hurry up reverts back to the way it is now because it feels pretty helpless on defense when the other person is in hurry running the same play. I'm not a person who makes a ton of adjustments on D but hurry up against both the CPU and User gives you very little time to do anything.
Not gonna lie. I'm kinda scared lol. Especially if the clock doesn't run down during the "fade to black" part of the pre-snap. Dudes could run 10 plays in 1 in-game minute.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #35
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Not gonna lie. I'm kinda scared lol. Especially if the clock doesn't run down during the "fade to black" part of the pre-snap. Dudes could run 10 plays in 1 in-game minute.
The clock does run down during that period and it's something that's tunable but to be honest even though this wasn't a feature made for Comp players, they're going to be the ones that dictate how it's tuned because it's going to affect them the most. Just playing normally and huddling, it's not that drastic of a change but like I said, hurry up is where the biggest issues are going to arise IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
But, what about during the hurry up? Can't the offensive guys just spam hurry up the whole game and not give the defense time to adjust?
There was adequate time to perform defensive hot routes and shifts against no huddle offenses in the build I played at EA PLAY.

Separate from that, I think the no huddle offense has some questionable presentation choices. In the EA PLAY build, players no longer scramble back to the line of scrimmage from wherever they finished the previous play. Instead there's just a cross-fade, the players are instantly lined up, some QB animations, and an enforced clock run-off (it was set at eight seconds in the EA PLAY build, and this runoff does not include the QB snap delay as far as I remember).

I get that the guys scrambling around looked ridiculous and this new way is faster, but IMO this new way is visually jarring and reduces the sense of urgency in two-minute drills. I can't say I'm a fan of it.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 06-11-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #37
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
There was adequate time to perform defensive hot routes and shifts against no huddle offenses in the build I played at EA PLAY.

Separate from that, I think the no huddle offense has some questionable presentation choices. In the EA PLAY build, players no longer scramble back to the line of scrimmage from wherever they finished the previous play. Instead there's just a cross-fade, the players are instantly lined up, some QB animations, and an enforced clock run-off (it was set at eight seconds in the EA PLAY build, and this runoff does not include the QB snap delay as far as I remember).

I get that the guys scrambling around looked ridiculous and this new way is faster, but IMO this new way is visually jarring and reduces the sense of urgency in two-minute drills. I can't say I'm a fan of it.

I was excited at the beginning of your post and bummed out by the end of it... That's a shame that they're doing it this way. It really doesn't make sense.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:

Thank you very much for this post. It sounds like the "sped up presentation" has actually hurt the urgency found in the hurry up situations. Seems like they went one step too far with the cross fade. Very unfortunate
Old 06-11-2019, 11:53 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Does anyone know if these runoffs and whatnot all still take place after the 2 minute warning in either half? As we all probably know by now, the accelerated clock stops working inside of the last two minutes. The CPU even knows this so when you play games online or offline you hardly see the hurry up offense because you can just select a brand new play and have the ball snapped within 10 seconds since it is faster than the hurry up. It seemed to be a huge oversight back when they first added the accelerated clock years back, but since it has never been changed it seems to be a design choice, a bad one at that.

― Plato
Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #40
Rookie

SamDezzy43's Arena

Quote:

I wouldn’t mind hearing your impressions on your time playing outside of the no walk up situation

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »