Home

X-Factor Abilities News

This is a discussion on X-Factor Abilities News within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2019, 12:57 AM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: X-Factor Abilities News

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Cane my friend, I’m at a stage in life where video games hold no importance to me.

It’s just a video game and I refuse to let it move me emotionally as some others do allow.

I respect the effort/work of Dev teams and what they sacrifice (family time and creative control as we come to find out) to build these games that are nothing more than just a piece of entertainment to me.

If Madden gets to the point where it no longer provides the entertainment value I’m looking for, I’m 100% ok with and willing to stop playing and invest that time elsewhere, whether it be another game or something outside of video games.

Life is way too short to be so emotionally invested in a video game and/or constantly venting on a forum about a game that’s yet to meet the standard I’m looking for.

So if these features are a hit, I’m cool with it.
I’m they flop, I’m cool with that also.
Same goes if they remove player editing.

Again, it’s just a video game and just not that important in my life.

I’m sure others who may be viewed as Madden apologist etc, probably just hold the same sentiment as I’ve noted.

Looking forward to the game though.
No bull****...this is one of the best posts I've read here in years. It is exactly where I am with gaming.

I have a job, a wife, a kid, school loans, a mortgage and a ton of bills. Way too much **** to be going on to stress over it. At this point, if a game doesnt meet the levels I want, I just dont buy it and move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2019, 01:58 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Not everything stated in the original post is accurate.
Glad you feel OS is still a venue you can visit from time to time.

Please chime in and help give us all some context on stuff in M20 as you can.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:01 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Yeah, the last thing we need are people suggesting we act like adults here.
The post was a pure cop out and you and I both know it. He said he didn't want users having the ability to edit things to run their franchises the way they see fit. All I asked is why would you not want everyone to have the options to customize their game to play however they wanted offline. He used that spiel to get out of the answer as if I was insinuating from the beginning that we all are emotionally attached to the game and these customization options dictate our happiness in life.

We are all here on a forum to discuss Madden. To use the, "I have a life, this video game doesn't mess with my life" excuse is just weak. No one here lets Madden actually mess with their life, but we all obviously are interested enough in the game to seek out a forum to discuss it.

It's all over. He is against users having options to customize their offline games in ways they see fit for whatever reason. I am not. That's that plain and simple.

― Plato
Old 06-10-2019, 04:08 AM   #44
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The post was a pure cop out and you and I both know it. He said he didn't want users having the ability to edit things to run their franchises the way they see fit. All I asked is why would you not want everyone to have the options to customize their game to play however they wanted offline. He used that spiel to get out of the answer as if I was insinuating from the beginning that we all are emotionally attached to the game and these customization options dictate our happiness in life.

We are all here on a forum to discuss Madden. To use the, "I have a life, this video game doesn't mess with my life" excuse is just weak. No one here lets Madden actually mess with their life, but we all obviously are interested enough in the game to seek out a forum to discuss it.

It's all over. He is against users having options to customize their offline games in ways they see fit for whatever reason. I am not. That's that plain and simple.
Let's not derail this thread please there is some information some would find useful above.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #45
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
This makes me wonder if you can even inject these abilities into custom draft classes

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
As a commish of an online league , and in talking to numerous others , this is a question A LOT of commissoners want answered . We have ablity to edit dev trait . What exactly happens if you edit someone up to x factor for draft classes, or is that simply locked out and all you can edit up to is SS? What determines the x factors they get if you can do this ? So many questions that quite frankly that extremely shallow dive they did for franchise left many of us with so many questions .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
So what if a player gains development to x-factor? How about the draft? Just confusing.

So how does the game determine what abilities that players who increased their development will receive?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Excellent questions as well , again too much info on this stuff has been left out in the air. Hopefully they give better actual Deep info this month into july.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

He didnt say that though. He said to wait and see if the reason for EA not allowing edits is connected to something else. He also said that this isnt a big enough issue for him not to get the game.

I feel the same way. I want EVERYTHING to be editable. Playbooks, rosters, franchise saves....everything. Every aspect of the game. But the fact that Xfactors arent editable isnt a game killer to me. It isnt going to stop me from buying the game. I'll hope EA changes their mind or one of the PC modding geniuses can crack the code and open that up.

If they dont, life moves on.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #47
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

I am not aware of any way to edit someone's dev trait anymore because of the lack of the ability for that to be edited via roster update. I imagine if anything it can only be edited to superstar.

Honestly I'm not a fan of players being able to earn abilities in CFM. I want Roethlisberger for example to always have abilities to portray him and not all of a suddenly randomly be gifted the QB scramble ability for no reason.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If players are able to train to develop abilities that make sense it would be alright. Or the way the mentor system works in 2k is pretty nice. If players are gaining abilities at random when their development trait raises then that will just seem a bit lazy. You would hope that if a player goes up in development traits and gains an ability it would at least have to match the way they are rated. Maybe certain archetypes will he limited to certain abilities?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »