Home

What are your guesses on Madden 20's menu music

This is a discussion on What are your guesses on Madden 20's menu music within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2019, 09:42 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What are your guesses on Madden 20's menu music

Hoping it's Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd this year!!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 12:23 AM   #66
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Hoping it's Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd this year!!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
They're gonna need more microtransactions for that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
They're gonna need more microtransactions for that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
haha, I think so! the irony is the folks probably actually working on the game are likely to be around the age where they would like those bands.

but i guess it's a young mans world, not an old mans..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #68
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Custom soundtracks would remove any fears from anyone...

I wish they would at least bring back the NFL Films music? Thumbs up if you agree. They used that in Madden 09, 10 and 11. Really adds to the immersion.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #69
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

What are your guesses on Madden 20's menu music

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Yeah, that was the point I was making. When I say rock is dead, I mean it is no longer popular enough to promote. When I see that, it makes me curious about what has become more popular.

For some, it is an excuse to rant about kids and their poor taste, as though adults thought our tastes were any better when we were kids.

I think my biggest issue/difference with old skool hip-hop vs ‘new’ school or whatever it’s called these days, lol, is the mumble rap auto-tune garbage. This is what dominates the air waves. Kendrick Lamar is an outlier in today’s rap scene. Old skool rap placed a greater emphasis on lyricism. It was about the beats, the rhyme style, and telling stories. It was more akin to poetry.

That mumble rap auto-tune nonsense is disrespectful to ‘actual’ hip-hop, imo. And, that’s what kills me as an ‘old man’. Lol. I don’t hate hip-hop. I hate the junk being created these days that somehow is sold as ‘hip-hop.’

Looking at a simple quick example of female rap right now. I have tried hard to like Cardi B, lol. She seems popular enough and doing well for herself, and so I tried to listen to a few tracks, but man, oh, man, I just cannot hear it. Her lyrics and rhyme style (if u can call I that) is jarring at best. Flashback several years to someone like Foxy Brown. That chick could rap, man. And, just overall lyrical flow was absolutely on point.

Something happened over the evolution of hip-hop that has broken from its roots. It’s almost as if rappers got together and said, ‘u know. For years, hip-hop has been about the beats and the rhymes. Let’s do the opposite of that and just mumble some s—t over tracks with no flow. That’ll really change the game.’ Lol

Any hip hop artist anyone listens to today, compare that to Rakim juice or anything made by that man, honestly. Compare it to nas, jay-z, krs-one, etc. The lyrical quality isn’t even close today. It’s like hip-hop straight up got lazy as hell and doesn’t even try anymore. Lol.

As an old man these days yelling at kids to get off my lawn, I will forever be grateful to have lived during the birth of and best years of hip-hop (80s-2000). If I was a kid today, I don’t know wth I’d listen to. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 06-19-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #70
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
As an old man these days yelling at kids to get off my lawn, I will forever be grateful to have lived during the birth of and best years of hip-hop (80s-2000). If I was a kid today, I don’t know wth I’d listen to. Lol.

Amen brother, same goes for rock/hard rock.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #71
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11
Amen brother, same goes for rock/hard rock.

Oh yeah. I agree with that, too. I grew up listening to mostly hip-hop because I loved it so much and it was so different and innovative at that time. But, I started digging rock/grunge when nirvana came out. Again, that was something new/fresh/different for rock that also sounded so much better than glam rock or hair metal. Grunge-alternative rock of the 90s was totally solid and edgy. Rock has lost some of its ‘edge’ over the past 10-20 years, imo.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 10:58 AM   #72
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Oh yeah. I agree with that, too. I grew up listening to mostly hip-hop because I loved it so much and it was so different and innovative at that time. But, I started digging rock/grunge when nirvana came out. Again, that was something new/fresh/different for rock that also sounded so much better than glam rock or hair metal. Grunge-alternative rock of the 90s was totally solid and edgy. Rock has lost some of its ‘edge’ over the past 10-20 years, imo.

Couldn't agree more. I slanted more the other way back then and listened to more rock (Metallica, Rush, GNR, Maiden) and dabbled in the rap. But now that I am an old man I am listening more to the rap. Probably a nostalgia thing but man it feels good partying on the weekends listening to our music. Just like a time machine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »