Home

Scenario Engine

This is a discussion on Scenario Engine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Scenario Engine

This is something that has been discussed a bit in other threads but I feel deserves its own.

During the franchise and QB1 modes the scenario engine was sold as the feature that will bring life to franchise mode, that EA had reverse engineered stories from the past 5 years to bring similar experiences to our unique and individual franchises. Examples given were things like cutting a veteran and well liked player could cause a player to lose morale and request a release.

My concern is that since that reveal the only mentions I have seen have been more of the "you're facing Tom Brady this week, sack him 5 times and receive X reward". I haven't seen any examples that would bring difficulty and unpredictability to actual roster management. Nor would these examples bring life to anyone's franchise mode.

Has anyone got any more information on this particular feature? I really feel like this mantra of "we are focusing on Franchise mode" is actually that franchise mode has benefited from the features introduced for QB1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Scenario Engine

They have not expanded on it yet but I really hope that’s not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Old 06-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scenario Engine

I was stoked when I first heard of this new feature. Now based on some of the examples I've seen regarding it - I'm getting concerned myself.

Like you said, I was under the assumption that the Engine was going to generate lockeroom/inter-team buzz such as:

- The Backup RB making a fuss because he feels he deserves the starting spot. This would force you to make a decision and deal with the ramifications of it.

- That one Injured Lineman wanting to come back prior to his estimated recovery date......again, prompting you to play him early (Risk of further injury) or keep him out (Morale Penalty).

Just a couple examples of the trials and tribulations a team deals with from week to week.

.....Not this "Sack Brady 4 times = collect additional XP + Morale Boost" or "Keep JJ Watt off our QB = O-Line Morale Boost".

Its still too early to make the call, but I hope they aren't going exclusively the latter route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »