Home

Madden 20 franchise interview

This is a discussion on Madden 20 franchise interview within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:43 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 20 franchise interview

Sounds like the scenario engine is just for single games within franchise. I'm really hoping they span the season or even multiple seasons. But right now it just sounds like a more fancier version of drive goals and game goals.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2019, 12:00 AM   #10
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah I feel like the scenarios were completely misrepresented at first. smh.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-14-2019, 12:34 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I've been worried about the scenario engine being more than a glorified system that makes goals more relative to the opponent's roster. Read this quote from the GameInformer article earlier in the year:

Quote:
The offseason presents dynamic obstacles to overcome as well. “If you franchise tag a guy, there should be a risk that he'll just retire or demand a trade,” Young says. “You should feel that weight when you are making these choices instead of sorting a spreadsheet and going, 'eh, he's not that good.' There's got to be a risk/reward to this stuff to really make you feel the immersion of it.” If you’re the type of GM who doesn’t like surprises, this may affect how you approach drafting. Maybe you’ll pass on a temperamental player with more potential upside just for the peace of mind knowing that your pick won’t lead a revolt against your leadership.
Players demanding trades, players have different personalities... if this is actually the case then why is EA being so quiet about it? We all know EA loves to talk everything up that is new to each release, it doesn't make sense for them to put in a feature that has this most potential and not say anything more on the information in the quote above. Every time they talk about the scenario engine it is always about goals. Was Young lying to GameInformer? Have the devs forgotten that the scenario engine actually creates off-field stories that have zero to do with XP?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2019, 03:50 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 2

This pretty much confirms my fears for the scenario engine and I hope EA realise that they have misled people with the announcement of this feature. I saw a lot of people on Twitter say that this is their most anticipated feature, once their get into the game and see what it is they are going to be pissed.

The scenario engine (from my understanding) appears to be:
Scenario: You're facing Tom Brady this week, should we focus on sacking him of covering receivers?
Choice: Defensive lineman or secondary
One will get a buff, the other will have their morale drop (or as Mike Young said, "get bummed out") and not play as well.
Next week everyone is equal again.

Now I might be wrong but that is so shallow, if that choice led to a secondary player with a certain personality type get frustrated and potentially sit-out, demand a trade, complain or bring down total morale of the team then I'd be all for it.

It should branch and lead to consequences on and off the field. Coaches and player personalities should impact the results of the decisions and we should find a difficulty in dealing with certain scenarios.

Sadly it will be another year where I could have a 90 overall running back get 2 carries a game and just not care at all and happily re-sign next season.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #13
Rookie

I skipped 19 and was pretty optimistic and looking forward to 20 with the original announcements including the scenario engine...

Seeing as how that all appears to have been a gross misrepresentation and fabrication of what it actually is (assuming the beta has the engine running more or less intact), its likely dishonest enough for me to pass again this year.

Pretty disappointing.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Sounds like some more classic over selling and under delivering. I'm getting that vibe big time this year
Old 06-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #15
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'm with the rest of you right now that the scenario engine feels really dry right now. If it's a content-driven thing (which Tiburon says is in-fact the case), it almost feels like nearly all of the content which drives it is missing from the beta, because all I'm seeing are the same things you all are - responding to opponent X-Factor players and my own players' breakout scenarios.

Hopefully there's more coming to this to really sell this feature later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #16
MVP

Honestly, this has been the least surprising news to come out of the Beta. I really did not expect much, because that is the life of an offline gamer now, but seeing that the franchise is pretty much the same as 2019 is a bummer. Without a true “story” to be told within the franchise, no draft updates, no execiting offline feel, Madden 20 is feeling like a heavy pass again for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »