Home

New Player Ratings Spread

This is a discussion on New Player Ratings Spread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #49
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Player Ratings Spread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking11
That sounds great but I would of loved for people to be able to test this in the beta. If he's blocking Arron Donald with his beta ratings how much different will it be when he's rated in the 60s?
This is a very, very interesting question I would love to have answered...
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 06-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
CPU Brady. And trust me, all madden, with my slider sets and a FULL roster overhaul, the Patriots are nowhere near easy at all. Brady is deadly as they come when it comes to short and intermediate passes. You have to remember, just because his throw power and deep accuracy are in the 70's, doesn't mean his other attributes are too. His short accuracy is 99, med accuracy is 99, Awareness is 99, play action is 97. He's deadly my friend.

Like I said, these are full roster overhaul. So the team you are using will more than likely have only 1 player rated in the 80's on defense, 3 or 4 players in the 70's, the rest will be in the 60's or below.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Since the game doesn't ship with your slider set don't you think it would be a very bad idea for EA to tune default THP to your preferences?
Old 06-15-2019, 05:12 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Since the game doesn't ship with your slider set don't you think it would be a very bad idea for EA to tune default THP to your preferences?
Not really, maybe not as low as 73 or 74 like I have it but maybe 80 or 81 on default would be fine as long as his other throwing attributes(minus the break sack attribute) are basically 97-99 plus awareness 99.

I understand that EA is doing their best to cater to the online/competitive/MUT guys and I get it. But there HAS to be some level of realism to each individual player. Brady isn't launching Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Pat Mahomes type of bombs. He's never been that type of QB...ever....so him having a 95 THP isn't very player specific.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #52
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
That sounds great but I would of loved for people to be able to test this in the beta. If he's blocking Arron Donald with his beta ratings how much different will it be when he's rated in the 60s?

At some stage during the next month or so before the game is released EA are going to embark on a huge media campaign based on releasing ratings for Madden 20 ( as they do every year ) it would be naive in the extreme to believe they will prejudice this in any way by previewing these ratings in the beta , why not wait until they are actually released before we start calling people liars etc , try to act like rational grown ups
Old 06-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I'm not sure what part of the Beta Ratings aren't correct you are missing? There are multiple teams with starting linemen that will ship in the 60's or lower. For example the Packers starting RG is currently a 63 OVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Again, NONE of the ratings in the beta are close to final so that's completely false.
You said in a previous post to me that the ratings are not close to final. Like we shouldn't put too much weight into these beta rosters.

I said the beta rosters are nothing like what EA devs said they would be like in blogs, twitch, articles, and talking at events like E3.

I don't know what else to say about it. Besides I wish you guys would of drastically spread the ratings like was talked about. That would of been great for the game.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #54
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectD4rk
You said in a previous post to me that the ratings are not close to final. Like we shouldn't put too much weight into these beta rosters.

I said the beta rosters are nothing like what EA devs said they would be like in blogs, twitch, articles, and talking at events like E3.

I don't know what else to say about it. Besides I wish you guys would of drastically spread the ratings like was talked about. That would of been great for the game.

Your first paragraph answers your second paragraph and makes the third paragraph redundant
Old 06-15-2019, 06:58 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
At some stage during the next month or so before the game is released EA are going to embark on a huge media campaign based on releasing ratings for Madden 20 ( as they do every year ) it would be naive in the extreme to believe they will prejudice this in any way by previewing these ratings in the beta , why not wait until they are actually released before we start calling people liars etc , try to act like rational grown ups
I think you are quoting the wrong person. Idk what this response has to do with my post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #56
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
I think you are quoting the wrong person. Idk what this response has to do with my post.
It was a generic response and applies to anybody who is expecting to gain anything from scrutinising the ratings in the beta , I was hoping that was easily understood... my bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »