Home

New Player Ratings Spread

This is a discussion on New Player Ratings Spread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New Player Ratings Spread

For future reference when you quote someone's post in your response we assume you are talking to them. I never called anyone a liar. I'm trying to discuss how this new ratings spread will affect the game and how spread the ratings are. I think my questions are pretty valid.

Have you simed those 10 seasons so you can tell everyone what the ratings are and we can square this away?
Old 06-15-2019, 07:25 PM   #58
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking11
For future reference when you quote someone's post in your response we assume you are talking to them. I never called anyone a liar. I'm trying to discuss how this new ratings spread will affect the game and how spread the ratings are. I think my questions are pretty valid.

Have you simed those 10 seasons so you can tell everyone what the ratings are and we can square this away?
I was talking to you , just not solely to you ( also to the thread in general ) and I answered your question as to why you won't see the true ratings in the beta ( as you didnt last year ) they use the ratings reveal for marketing purposes , thus nothing can be gained from analysis of them until they are actually available , then we can actually have a meaningful conversation, but not until then

I dont have the beta so I cant answer the last bit , but the theory holds true , IF the draft classes have been adjusted in accordance with release day ratings , simming into a future comprised of just those players should give you the gameplay experience of spread ratings ,that you wont get from the ratings present in the beta initially

Last edited by briz1046; 06-15-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I was talking to you , just not solely to you ( also to the thread in general ) and I answered your question as to why you won't see the true ratings in the beta ( as you didnt last year ) they use the ratings reveal for marketing purposes , thus nothing can be gained from analysis of them until they are actually available , then we can actually have a meaningful conversation, but not until then

I dont have the beta so I cant answer the last bit , but the theory holds true , IF the draft classes have been adjusted in accordance with release day ratings , simming into a future comprised of just those players should give you the gameplay experience of spread ratings ,that you wont get from the ratings present in the beta initially
Why the IF? I believe you are the one that said the draft class ratings were adjusted. Someone said the quarterbacks were in the 70s. I then asked if players were getting drafted in the 20s as advertised. No response.

Is it off base to assume the engine the game runs on will need to be adjusted to account for this new ratings system? If these beta games are being played on a different engine than what we will get when the game ships then why can we not ask how it will effect the gameplay?
Old 06-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #60
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking11
Why the IF? I believe you are the one that said the draft class ratings were adjusted. Someone said the quarterbacks were in the 70s. I then asked if players were getting drafted in the 20s as advertised. No response.

Is it off base to assume the engine the game runs on will need to be adjusted to account for this new ratings system? If these beta games are being played on a different engine than what we will get when the game ships then why can we not ask how it will effect the gameplay?
I said it has been stated that they have , not that they were , theres a big difference, not having access to the beta I cant confirm or deny this

Ive never seen anything to suggest anywhere , even from the game informer article , that players were being drafted with 20 OVR or anything close , the article suggested 'some' starters may be as low as in the 50s , to which Kane replied that may be an extreme occurrence
If you have played previous maddens with edited rosters you will know that theres no reason to think any 'engine' changes are required or that the beta runs on a different engine or anything that even remotely resembles that .

As far as ratings spread is concerned let's just wait until we actually see the real ratings , play the game , and THEN actually have a proper conversation

Last edited by briz1046; 06-15-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:13 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't want to take the thread too far off topic, but since we have Kane in here can we get him to confirm EA getting 10 NCAA teams into Face if the Franchise is EA's first step to bringing the NCAA series back in the near future? You can confirm this news by not liking this post. And to tie it into the topic can we expect the NCAA ratings to be as spread out next year when you release NCAA 21?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I said it has been stated that they have , not that they were , theres a big difference, not having access to the beta I cant confirm or deny this

Ive never seen anything to suggest anywhere , even from the game informer article , that players were being drafted with 20 OVR or anything close , the article suggested 'some' starters may be as low as in the 50s , to which Kane replied that may be an extreme occurrence
If you have played previous maddens with edited rosters you will know that theres no reason to think any 'engine' changes are required or that the beta runs on a different engine or anything that even remotely resembles that .

As far as ratings spread is concerned let's just wait until we actually see the real ratings , play the game , and THEN actually have a proper conversation
If you go back and read page 3 there is a paste from an article that says 3 stringers would be as low as 20. So we could assume drafted players would come in even lower than that in some cases.

If the engine does not need adjusting to take in account for these ratings then how much can gameplay even change? From what you are saying I could just change the ratings in madden19 to get the same result.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't want to take the thread too far off topic, but since we have Kane in here can we get him to confirm EA getting 10 NCAA teams into Face if the Franchise is EA's first step to bringing the NCAA series back in the near future? You can confirm this news by not liking this post. And to tie it into the topic can we expect the NCAA ratings to be as spread out next year when you release NCAA 21?
spoilers: no. it's not.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:27 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
spoilers: no. it's not.
Kane hasn't liked the post so there's always hope!

― Plato
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »