Home

CPU using X and Zones

This is a discussion on CPU using X and Zones within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: CPU using X and Zones

Do you guys think the game could become a sack fest against the cpu if you successfully cover the xfactor receivers, etc on offense? I am hoping the cpu QBs don't just fold or take sack after sack if you are rushing with a guy in the zone or cover their high-powered receivers.

Guess we will see how QB awareness and movement/scrambling plays out...again.

If anyone runs cpu vs cpu would be interested in seeing how that plays out...

C
Old 06-16-2019, 09:49 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Do you guys think the game could become a sack fest against the cpu if you successfully cover the xfactor receivers, etc on offense? I am hoping the cpu QBs don't just fold or take sack after sack if you are rushing with a guy in the zone or cover their high-powered receivers.

C
Sound and reasonable questions Cap, in my humble opinion. As it stands now, we do have 2 choices regarding X-Factor. We can edit that ability from just our own players, or we can turn the X-Factor completely off in Franchise Mode. I appreciate that we've been given a choice, since until we have full time on task, it's very difficult, if not impossible, to fairly judge how this mechanic will play out. I hope it works out for your playstyle.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #11
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Someone posted that EA is allowing for this to be turned off in franchise mode if necessary. I went back in and checked and it can indeed be turned off if desired.
Thank god! Sorry, I’ve always hated gimmicks. Reminds me of NCAA’s momentum meter and impact players features years ago. Ruined the PS2 versions for me.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

C
It's a small sample size, but like Jayhawker did, once I started seeing how badly the SS and XF guys tore me up without user intervention, I started doing some user coverage, etc.

What I saw a handful of times was the CPU QB stutter in the pocket and do some weird scrambling stuff that resulted in a sack and made it looked like the AI was confused about what it should do next.

It was definitely a thing I noticed as a regression from M19's scrambling logic, which is honestly pretty decent, but I didn't connect it at the time to the idea that the CPU may not know what to do if SS/XF guys are covered.

It may be that, or it may be a regression in this iteration generally to the QB having the red route on the play art covered. Madden QBs have long struggled to move quickly enough off the red route and to move through their progressions in an appropriate timeframe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »