Home

Madden 20 Gameplay by QJB

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Gameplay by QJB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2019, 12:22 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden 20 Gameplay by QJB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFkqaZJgzOQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Gameplay by QJB

Cool, and im ok with the in the zones he showed. Even Russell Wilson. He gets sacked more than any QB in the league (he and Watson) so it shouldnt be hard to take him out of the zone.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

This is exactly what I was worried about with DL having X-Factor abilities while OL don't. Khalil Mack gets to go 1 on 1 the entire clip with no double team or adjustments from the CPU.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #4
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
This is exactly what I was worried about with DL having X-Factor abilities while OL don't. Khalil Mack gets to go 1 on 1 the entire clip with no double team or adjustments from the CPU.
What I tried to do with Khalil in the pro bowl was either run away from his side of the defense and focus on the run. The other thing is I've used slide protect on him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 06-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Exactly. I get that they we'll know how to knock players out of zone. But, I hope that this was on a lower difficulty because of easy it seems it might be to get in zone. The requirements in that video were a lot easier than I expected. If that is the case, I can see people getting in the zone a few times in the zone. It'll be easy to get 3 scrambles for 10 yards or 2 QB pressures. Especially since OL doesn't have a legit counter. I really don't want to see these X-Factor DL doing that all game against elite OL. Only things positive I seen is that it'll be easy to knock them out of zone and the DB abilities. If they can have the ability to slow down these high powered offenses, that will be reassuring.

I can see User vs. User there will have to be more strategy. You'll have to know your opponents strengths and avoid letting them get hot. I can see a lot of users leaving the RB to help block for example. But I really see users being able to take advantage of CPU. CPU isn't going to be aware enough to prevent users from getting into the zone. I hope that Traits will at least have CPU players acting like themselves to get into zone.

Sidenote: for as good Madden is graphically, the generic faces on players really is a let down. I get that some players aren't available for scans and we don't really see faces during live gameplay, but I really don't like see generic faces on well known players. I would rather see them a picture online and use that as a template
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2019, 02:46 PM   #6
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Buluga is no scrub, but Mack gets in the zone and just rag dolls him, this is my biggest fear. The offensive line is going to be useless against DL with zone ability
Old 06-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

That video demonstrates the issues with EA's way of creating a pocket. In real life the QB can not keep backing up and up and up. Their tackles would have zero chance of stopping the DE's from getting to the QB in that case. And then when he snaps the ball with Wilson and Newton and just immediately runs directly left to start a scramble, that wouldn't work that way in real life either. The DL would be all over that and the LT would be left on an island being able to do nearly nothing.

The pocket formation is too scripted for everyone to engage a certain way to create the shape of the pocket in an artificial method. I get that EA scripts nearly all of the defensive reactions and they are tied to every play to try and make it look believable, but they really need to think about overhauling the entire system and making it so the defenders have assignments on each play that have triggers that dictate their behaviors in a real manner that is true read and react.

― Plato
Old 06-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #8
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

This video alone has me on the verge of buying this game. Being an offline franchise guy, the amount of innovations in CFM we were so far told we're getting in M20 is not exactly overwhelming, but the superstar abilities and x-factors, with proper sliders and difficulty settings, might be game changing. I am obviously a Packers fan but the way Mack went through Bulaga and the subsequent tackle/sack animation of Rodgers was probably the most beautiful sack I have ever seen in a Madden game. And I liked all other abilities presented in the clip as well, along with the gameplay shown...
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

Last edited by Executor; 06-14-2019 at 06:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »