Home

Madden NFL 20 Beta Impressions, Post Your Weekend Thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Beta Impressions, Post Your Weekend Thoughts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 20 Beta Impressions, Post Your Weekend Thoughts

No impressions from me but I'll just say one thing

EVERY COMPLAINT YOU GUYS HAVE REGARDING GAMEPLAY CAN AND WILL BE FIXED ON PC! IF YOU HAVE A RIG THAT CAN HANDLE IT, DO YOURSELF THE FAVOR AND BUY IT ON PC!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

A little reminder from Clint on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...12779436650497

Not to make a review of the full game on a beta drop.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Played about a dozen games, half on All Madden and other half on All Pro 8 minute qtrs. I enjoyed All Pro more and got the sense that any little issues may just come down to some slight slider adjustments.

++ The changes to ball trajectory, quarterback throwing motion and increased pass rush really adds a much needed change to the passing game.
+ Open field running and between tackles is improved along with player control.
+ Superstar players are a noticeable difference on the field and i felt even good players were noticeably better over bad ones in general.
+ I felt man coverage was improved but zones still seem to be hit and miss.
+ Even though contracts aren’t as deep as everybody wants them to be I thought salaries are tuned very well. I started just siming years and just managing my roster and I had to make some tough decisions. I had to decided between keeping a couple X Factor players and letting a couple Superstar players walk. I had to move a big contract once. Felt like a did a mini rebuild one year. Had players tell me during some down years they weren’t resigning with me. Couldn’t just outbid every team in free agency. In fact I had several free agents turn me down. Good stuff on that front.

- Rest of Franchise not good. Scouting is boring and busy work. In turn makes draft stink also. The hidden X Factor traits for rookies really isn’t that exciting because you still instantly know you landed a great player. Deuce, work some magic and get EA to hide all rookie dev traits! Scenario Engine was a major let down. Scheme fits and gameplanning uninteresting, shallow and basically worthless.
- I didn’t play Madden 19 so I don’t know how it compares to 20 but tackling really seems to be lacking. Maybe tuned down physics but whatever it is, tackling just doesn’t seem to have much life in it.
- QB rushing stats are a problem but hope that gets sorted for final release.
- I did with out a doubt notice robo QB. It only happened once but it was enough to know it still happens.
- I’m worried about rushing quarterbacks still. I feel the added runner control behind line of scrimmage and RPOs may end up being OP but time will fell on that.

Definitely the best I’ve seen Madden in at least 5 years. Things I’ll be watching for in final version:
• pass rush stays strong. No buffing!
• added content to scenario engine
• QB rushing stats
• what ratings actually end up looking like
• franchise additions post launch
• it was mentioned in a early blog about a new way to play Madden or new feature that they weren’t talking about yet. Wonder if that’s still happening?
Old 06-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #28
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
No impressions from me but I'll just say one thing

EVERY COMPLAINT YOU GUYS HAVE REGARDING GAMEPLAY CAN AND WILL BE FIXED ON PC! IF YOU HAVE A RIG THAT CAN HANDLE IT, DO YOURSELF THE FAVOR AND BUY IT ON PC!!!
Yeah not buying the PC version. For starters I don't want to play on a 24" screen....among other reasons.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #29
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

While that is true...............unless they put a VERY old version of CFM in the beta, its still a very bare bones, stale mode that doesn't seem to have much replay value.
And thus, isn't worth a purchase to a lot of people.

Hope I am way wrong, because I did enjoy playing the game. But without a good franchise mode, its a waste of time.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #30
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Yeah not buying the PC version. For starters I don't want to play on a 24" screen....among other reasons.
I play on an 80" 4ktv on PC, you don't have to play on a monitor. PC is king for Madden for many reasons. I have a PS4 elite & Xbox1x. Played on consoles my whole life until last yr.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 06-17-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
While that is true...............unless they put a VERY old version of CFM in the beta, its still a very bare bones, stale mode that doesn't seem to have much replay value.
And thus, isn't worth a purchase to a lot of people.

Hope I am way wrong, because I did enjoy playing the game. But without a good franchise mode, its a waste of time.
Yep, I get that, it all boils down to different strokes for different folks. Gameplay is always king to me.

It appears the scenero engine wasn't in full swing from the beta, so, that is part of CFM to me and contracts seemed more in line than before.

There could me more behind door #1 than meets the eye, especially with presentation.

Time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I think review is just another way of saying feedback in all honesty. You can argue it but it's really just semantics. I wrote a pretty in depth look at my experience with the beta this morning and posted it. Most of what's in the article I posted in snippets to the feedback forum, the article was more of a summation of those thoughts in a easy to follow format. They can't solicit feedback then not like when someone provides feedback in a "overall feel" format.

To be fair I gave them a lot of leeway on it being a beta. I point out multiple times it is a beta and some things weren't available or weren't up to date. For instance I know a lot of the new player templates for drafted players aren't in the game yet. I'm also somewhat confident the Scenario Engine will be much improved by release. I think they may have held a decent amount back with QB1 not playable in the beta.

With that said the initial feedback as the beta stands is what is written. Call it a review, call it feedback, but this is what people think of the game as it stands today...which is probably weeks behind where the developers are actually at lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »