Home

What's Hot and What's Not in the Madden 20 Beta

This is a discussion on What's Hot and What's Not in the Madden 20 Beta within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:45 PM   #57
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's Hot and What's Not in the Madden 20 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
I have played the beta, regardless even if anyone hasnt, there is tons of footage of live games so the gameplay point is irrelevant.

The point that was made even in this article, is that a player like Khalil Mack(im a bears fan) isnt simply not a good player because he does not have a glowing X next to his feet... Superstar players are in the zone all the time...So this whole concept makes no sense.... Does Khalil Mack need to get 2 sacks before he can become a great player? No... Does Rodgers need to throw down the field 3 times before he is considered good player? No.... This entire concept is a joke besides the fact that its pre-made for MUT which is their money maker and they are trying to weasel their way around that fact because the gambling loot topic is pretty hot right now.

This game has pros and cons like always, but there are videos breaking down the Dline for example that is still just as confused as always, where a guy got thru the O line and then stops and waits for the RB to go block instead of just straight rushing the QB.

Im hearing silly things like "game feels faster" and "you can make inbound catches better" like really? Thats the selling points here? That they made the game faster? Did we need a new game for that? This game looks like its a beta for either next year or the year after that and it feels like huge changes are coming and they are just trying to use this game as a small piggy bank before the real games start coming out on the new consoles.
You may be a little confused as to what being in the zone means.

Mack doesn't get sacks every week and some games he plays better than others as many do.

And I don't feel the game is faster. Maybe the guys that play on slow and very slow are posting that
Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #58
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
You may be a little confused as to what being in the zone means.

Mack doesn't get sacks every week and some games he plays better than others as many do.

And I don't feel the game is faster. Maybe the guys that play on slow and very slow are posting that
I haven't read anything like the game itself is moving faster atleast on OS & I used to play on very slow. I think they actually slowed down the speed a notch from what normal speed used to be. I'm actually fine with the game speed and in the beta I globally rated players speed -10 and played fantastic.

Playing:
Old 06-19-2019, 10:53 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I haven't read anything like the game itself is moving faster atleast on OS & I used to play on very slow. I think they actually slowed down the speed a notch from what normal speed used to be. I'm actually fine with the game speed and in the beta I globally rated players speed -10 and played fantastic.
I felt like it was just a little slower as well, although it could have been my imagination and I was just picking up on the smoothness of the gameplay and animation improvements.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:02 PM   #60
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
I have played the beta, regardless even if anyone hasnt, there is tons of footage of live games so the gameplay point is irrelevant.

The point that was made even in this article, is that a player like Khalil Mack(im a bears fan) isnt simply not a good player because he does not have a glowing X next to his feet... Superstar players are in the zone all the time...So this whole concept makes no sense.... Does Khalil Mack need to get 2 sacks before he can become a great player? No... Does Rodgers need to throw down the field 3 times before he is considered good player? No.... This entire concept is a joke besides the fact that its pre-made for MUT which is their money maker and they are trying to weasel their way around that fact because the gambling loot topic is pretty hot right now.

This game has pros and cons like always, but there are videos breaking down the Dline for example that is still just as confused as always, where a guy got thru the O line and then stops and waits for the RB to go block instead of just straight rushing the QB.

Im hearing silly things like "game feels faster" and "you can make inbound catches better" like really? Thats the selling points here? That they made the game faster? Did we need a new game for that? This game looks like its a beta for either next year or the year after that and it feels like huge changes are coming and they are just trying to use this game as a small piggy bank before the real games start coming out on the new consoles.
Umm, no, the point isn't irrelevant. I could give two quacks who sees "live gameplay" and decides to drop a opinion at OS. If you are hearing things, you aren't feeling things.

That opinion means nothing, it's similar to seeing a trailer of a movie and claiming the movie is terrible before seeing the entire movie.

Nah, I don't roll that way at all.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I liked running slow, but ran normal to get rid of the issues that slow brought on. The beta felt slower than normal to me and going back to M19 the other night it felt fast after playing the beta for the weekend.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 11:08 PM   #62
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
I felt like it was just a little slower as well, although it could have been my imagination and I was just picking up on the smoothness of the gameplay and animation improvements.
That could be as well. My problem with normal speed wasn't how quick the game moved it was when the moving objectives would come together. Madden 20, was like man this smooth & felt dialed in. M19 felt to hyper & extra rushed movements on normal for me. Hopefully they don't those this at release and change it.

Playing:
Old 06-20-2019, 06:48 AM   #63
All Star

OVR: 35
I was planning on avoiding Madden 20, but it sounds as if they fixed the running game, which was a slog in 19. I'll at least do the free trial through Origin to check it out for myself.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:02 AM   #64
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I was planning on avoiding Madden 20, but it sounds as if they fixed the running game, which was a slog in 19. I'll at least do the free trial through Origin to check it out for myself.

With the free trial available to everyone now I'm not sure why everyone isn't taking this approach. It literally costs nothing to get a look at the full game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »