Home

Moonlight Swami is going to be talking about Madden 20 Contracts on MDD Today

This is a discussion on Moonlight Swami is going to be talking about Madden 20 Contracts on MDD Today within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Moonlight Swami is going to be talking about Madden 20 Contracts on MDD Today

https://m.twitch.tv/EAMaddenNFL?desktop-redirect=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Moonlight Swami is going to be talking about Madden 20 Contracts on MDD Today

"Tried to get every player's cap hit accurate or within $10,000"

If that was what they wrote in the blog then we would not have gotten this psyched about contracts matching real life contracts. Glad they clarified.

Sounds like he put work into distributing money into the bonus to simulate how guaranteed money works. He didn't elaborate a lot on that but could be a good feature.

Here's the thing though- All of that is cool and sounds good and i'm glad they put the work into it, but we have no way of controlling this with our players going forward in CFM so there's going to be tons of cap issues as a result. We can't choose to distribute the money over specific years to help our cap situation like they can in real life, so hypothetically if I want to re-sign Dak and give him a ton of money in year 1 when I'm not paying Zeke or Martin or Cooper, I can't. Those contracts we give out will spread evenly over the length of the deal, or even worse they will get progressively higher throughout the contract like they did in Madden 19 so in the 4th year of their deals they will all be making an astronomical amount of money and it won't be sustainable.

This could all be solved if we had these same tools in CFM to distribute the money as we see fit like the devs have with these realistic contracts. However, them not thinking this all the way through is going to create tons of cap issues this year in CFM.

One step forward, two steps back. I just don't get it.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #3
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Moonlight Swami is going to be talking about Madden 20 Contracts on MDD Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
"Tried to get every player's cap hit accurate or within $10,000"

If that was what they wrote in the blog then we would not have gotten this psyched about contracts matching real life contracts. Glad they clarified.

Sounds like he put work into distributing money into the bonus to simulate how guaranteed money works. He didn't elaborate a lot on that but could be a good feature.

Here's the thing though- All of that is cool and sounds good and i'm glad they put the work into it, but we have no way of controlling this with our players going forward in CFM so there's going to be tons of cap issues as a result. We can't choose to distribute the money over specific years to help our cap situation like they can in real life, so hypothetically if I want to re-sign Dak and give him a ton of money in year 1 when I'm not paying Zeke or Martin or Cooper, I can't. Those contracts we give out will spread evenly over the length of the deal, or even worse they will get progressively higher throughout the contract like they did in Madden 19 so in the 4th year of their deals they will all be making an astronomical amount of money and it won't be sustainable.

This could all be solved if we had these same tools in CFM to distribute the money as we see fit like the devs have with these realistic contracts. However, them not thinking this all the way through is going to create tons of cap issues this year in CFM.

One step forward, two steps back. I just don't get it.

Yeah, I'm currently being hit with no cap space in my CFM. It worked for me for so long. Wish we could manage it more in depth like we used to so long ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »