Home

How to improve the Schemes in the game and to really take Madden to GOAT status.

This is a discussion on How to improve the Schemes in the game and to really take Madden to GOAT status. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2019, 11:35 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How to improve the Schemes in the game and to really take Madden to GOAT status.

It's not beyond their ability, as there are at least a few formations that do this on a limited basis now.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: How to improve the Schemes in the game and to really take Madden to GOAT status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
It's not beyond their ability, as there are at least a few formations that do this on a limited basis now.
To my knowledge, there are two: 34 Predator and Nickel 335 Odd. These formations only code one player in the entire formation to flip with the formation.

I wonder why, if they have the ability to get this right, they have only coded one player in two formations to respond to offensive formations by flipping sides. This means they've gone through the trouble to create the logic and apply it to players, which is the time-intensive part that demands resources, but they've stopped short of applying it to other players and formations. That doesn't pass the smell test to me, but I may be mistaken.

In any case, I'd like to see this stuff in there because they gesture toward its importance with the inclusion of schemes that rely fundamentally on these strong/weak distinctions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »