Home

List of Franchise Beta Issues

This is a discussion on List of Franchise Beta Issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2019, 11:37 AM   #9
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: List of Franchise Beta Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Philly: let's say you are in Week 17 and need one win to get in the playoffs. Let's say you decide to manually choose a heavy snow weather for that game. Let's say it's a defensive slugfest, back-and-forth, as it should be. Let's say you are driving one last time to win the game. You need one last pass to get into field goal range. You throw a perfect pass... and your intended receiver slips and the ball sails over him. Game over. No playoffs. Wouldn't you be pissed at yourself for choosing the damn snow?

Or the other way, you know you suck in bad weather conditions (snow, rain, whatever). For a win-or-go-home game, would you deliberately choose a weather condition you know you're bad at? Now, maybe YOU would, but it's fair to assume there are tons of people who would not.
So first off, i honestly just don't see than many times where weather affects games in madden for it to really make an impact like that, but the slipping thing makes sense.

My opinion is that it would at least be nice to have the option. I'd rather have the option to choose to play in snow in december/january than to never see a snow game in 15 years of a CFM. Anyone who doesn't want that option doesn't need to use it, but anyone that does can finally have the option to not play in a billion rainy games every season.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #10
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Philly: let's say you are in Week 17 and need one win to get in the playoffs. Let's say you decide to manually choose a heavy snow weather for that game. Let's say it's a defensive slugfest, back-and-forth, as it should be. Let's say you are driving one last time to win the game. You need one last pass to get into field goal range. You throw a perfect pass... and your intended receiver slips and the ball sails over him. Game over. No playoffs. Wouldn't you be pissed at yourself for choosing the damn snow?

Or the other way, you know you suck in bad weather conditions (snow, rain, whatever). For a win-or-go-home game, would you deliberately choose a weather condition you know you're bad at? Now, maybe YOU would, but it's fair to assume there are tons of people who would not.
Hence why having the OPTION to change the weather is the only viable solution. Smh...
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I will reserve to many judgements about the beta since they could technically be holding things back, but history with EA has taught me to not be optimistic. So basically what all of us expected. Their so called "serious re-commitment" to franchise was balogne, and not much has changed outside of a shallow and poorly functioning scenario engine? Got it
Where are we getting this recommitting from, serious question?

I noted yesterday that was a headline in the game informer article with a interview with Michael Young.

Not once did Young mention the word recommencement, game informer did.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/04...franchise-mode

Young did say big focus at the end of the article:

“Franchise has come back to being a big focus on the game and it will continue to be,” Young says. “We just want to add this rich depth and immersion to it so we're starting to think about it more like a sports RPG.”

Now, it's time to see moving forward if it does become a big focus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #12
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
My opinion is that it would at least be nice to have the option. I'd rather have the option to choose to play in snow in december/january than to never see a snow game in 15 years of a CFM. Anyone who doesn't want that option doesn't need to use it, but anyone that does can finally have the option to not play in a billion rainy games every season.
Yeah, you got me. With myself being a firm advocate of "options are always good" mantra, I feel where you're comimg from. I just know that I personally WOULD NOT use this particular option.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #13
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Hence why having the OPTION to change the weather is the only viable solution. Smh...
No it's not, at least from my point of view. IRL, teams do not choose in which weather they gonna play on any given Sunday. They play in whichever conditions are cast upon them (unless they play in a dome).

But hey, in the end, Philly was right: give users the option and let them play however they want to play, including, in this case, weather.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 06-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #14
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

This seems more like a wish list with some bugs/issues sprinkled in.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #15
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
This seems more like a wish list with some bugs/issues sprinkled in.

As i said earlier, the description on the beta forum site for new topics is, "How can we make Madden 20 better?" not "Describe the bug" ... I made some posts about bugs in different plays and formations and nobody seemed to care about those either but i guess we'll see when the game launches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
As i said earlier, the description on the beta forum site for new topics is, "How can we make Madden 20 better?" not "Describe the bug" ... I made some posts about bugs in different plays and formations and nobody seemed to care about those either but i guess we'll see when the game launches.
It's quite evident nobody gives a care about penalties, either.

Last edited by roadman; 06-20-2019 at 12:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »