Home

List of Franchise Beta Issues

This is a discussion on List of Franchise Beta Issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #17
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: List of Franchise Beta Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I actually disagree with the High OVR players getting cut as being an issue. I know that others feel differently, but I don't want my Franchise to mirror what happens in real life to a T. Barring the emotional attachment, players like Fitz, Eli, and Witten probably should be cut from their teams. If you want to add a icon status evaluation to the cutting mechanic then that's fine, but if it's not a part of the process then CPU teams should make the best decisions for their roster.
It's not only Eli and/or Witten. The Bucs just cut Gerald McCoy this offseason and I am sure he will still come with fairly high ratings in this year's game, so... I for one would like to see these kinds of surprising cuts in my CFM. Though one could argue that he was more of a cap casualty then some kind of a brainless "let's get rid of him consequences be damned" type of cut Philly was maybe reffering to.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

Last edited by Executor; 06-20-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:45 PM   #18
Pro

Executor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's quite evident nobody gives a care about penalties, either.
Hey, at least we have working sliders for these, lol.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

Old 06-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #19
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
No it's not, at least from my point of view. IRL, teams do not choose in which weather they gonna play on any given Sunday. They play in whichever conditions are cast upon them (unless they play in a dome).

But hey, in the end, Philly was right: give users the option and let them play however they want to play, including, in this case, weather.

In real life Super Bowl XLVIII wasn't played in snow, but it sure was in Madden.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:48 PM   #20
Pro

Executor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
In real life Super Bowl XLVIII wasn't played in snow, but it sure was in Madden.
That year, the NFL prayed basically whole season to not have a heavy snowfall, or any snowfall, for the big game. And yeah, there was none, but it was neither NFL's or either teams' CHOICE.

I for one hoped for a snowy Super Bowl that year. I love watching football played in heavy conditions, and I would love for Madden to much better replicate the grind/slugfest these conditions usually create IRL.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

Old 06-20-2019, 01:57 PM   #21
Pro

Executor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Not everyone has access to the beta forums, but after looking back at Madden 19's beta forums it seems that they ignored a lot of the highly voted things in the feedback. This kind of stuff is a bit frustrating and I think it's good for everyone to have an idea of what was mentioned in the feedback so that when the game comes out we'll all know what they are working on and what they are ignoring. Also for reference, when reporting something in the beta forums their question is "How can we make Madden 20 better?" so it's not just focused on bug reporting. Here's a list of the top things in the franchise section.

CFM List
  1. Contract Structures Need to be Realistic (Top 10 OVR in the forums)
  2. Sim QB Rushing Stats - This has been passed along to the devs
  3. Too Many Fumbles
  4. NFL 100 Logo still on the ball in Year 2 of CFM
  5. No Updated Relocation Options
  6. Scenario Engine Lacks Depth
  7. Very Little Improvement to CFM
  8. Request for Option to Choose Weather
  9. High OVR Players Getting Cut by AI
  10. No Option to Re-Structure Contracts
Obviously they have limited resources, but many of these things were brought up last year and were not addressed. I know Sim QB Rushing Stats was a big thing for a lot of guys on here all of last year and it looks like they're finally working on it. Hopefully they'll prioritize more of these things before release.
* fog of war (let's hide ALL develompent traits)

* gameplay related: I saw at least one instance in the videos where a pass rusher had a straight line to the QB and instead he spun 45 degrees and engaged the nearest OL, instead of just killin' that poor QB... for all those amazing animations I saw in the beta, that one was pretty disappointing to see (again) and should be taken care of, too, imo
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

Last edited by Executor; 06-20-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

"Choosing your own weather" and "Too Many Fumbles" are my top two, those need to be fixed and addressed for sure!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Philly: let's say you are in Week 17 and need one win to get in the playoffs. Let's say you decide to manually choose a heavy snow weather for that game. Let's say it's a defensive slugfest, back-and-forth, as it should be. Let's say you are driving one last time to win the game. You need one last pass to get into field goal range. You throw a perfect pass... and your intended receiver slips and the ball sails over him. Game over. No playoffs. Wouldn't you be pissed at yourself for choosing the damn snow?

Or the other way, you know you suck in bad weather conditions (snow, rain, whatever). For a win-or-go-home game, would you deliberately choose a weather condition you know you're bad at? Now, maybe YOU would, but it's fair to assume there are tons of people who would not.
If you had a win and in game and chose to play in clear dry conditions in your single player franchise, User vs CPU game rather than playing in snow....who cares? It is YOUR game. It is YOUR franchise mode. if you are given the OPTION to do certain things in the game to enhance your experience, why is that a bad thing? And if done properly (i.e., that not every perfectly thrown ball MUST be caught), there's always the possibility that guy drops that pass.

These days most of the Franchise users (which seems to be the majority of those here at OS, though maybe not the majority world wide) want NBA2K19-like freedom to set their franchise up their own way, but the mentality of Madden (and other games) or maybe the architecture of the software still has many limits in features (weather, penalty frequency, relocations, uniforms) or have specific roster requirements (how long did we have to have a FB, 2 FS and 2 SS? Do we still need both a P and a K?), etc. If you're playing online, or in a head to head game on the console, sure you have to agree on the rules (or the online league does it for you), including weather conditions. But if I'm playing at home against the CPU and I want to play all games in rain, with defensive holding on, and I want to run the same six offensive plays like Coach Boone ran, then that should be my prerogative. You're correct that there will be many people who set things up for themselves, play in the best conditions, pickup the superstar free agents, cheat the CPU in trades and draft picks, but if this is how they want to play, and they enjoy it, I don't see the concern with giving them that freedom.
Or if you're starting a franchise, be given the option to turn these things on or off either for the duration or for each season.

Last edited by coach422001; 06-20-2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: corrected wording
Old 06-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #24
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
It's not only Eli and/or Witten. The Bucs just cut Gerald McCoy this offseason and I am sure he will still come with fairly high ratings in this year's game, so... I for one would like to see these kinds of surprising cuts in my CFM. Though one could argue that he was more of a cap casualty then some kind of a brainless "let's get rid of him consequences be damned" type of cut Philly was maybe reffering to.

Executor that's exactly what I was thinking. I'd want high overall guys cut too because it definitely happens in real life. Scheme fits, headcases/distractions, salary cap relief. Etc. You had a recent great example with McCoy. Highly talented guys do get cut. Did anyone forget a few years ago when the Panthers were forced to cut Josh Norman? The Chiefs cut Hunt? These are just a couple examples. It happens and I'm on board with it as long as it's not overly done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »