Home

List of Franchise Beta Issues

This is a discussion on List of Franchise Beta Issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
List of Franchise Beta Issues

Not everyone has access to the beta forums, but after looking back at Madden 19's beta forums it seems that they ignored a lot of the highly voted things in the feedback. This kind of stuff is a bit frustrating and I think it's good for everyone to have an idea of what was mentioned in the feedback so that when the game comes out we'll all know what they are working on and what they are ignoring. Also for reference, when reporting something in the beta forums their question is "How can we make Madden 20 better?" so it's not just focused on bug reporting. Here's a list of the top things in the franchise section.

CFM List
  1. Contract Structures Need to be Realistic (Top 10 OVR in the forums)
  2. Sim QB Rushing Stats - This has been passed along to the devs
  3. Too Many Fumbles
  4. NFL 100 Logo still on the ball in Year 2 of CFM
  5. No Updated Relocation Options
  6. Scenario Engine Lacks Depth
  7. Very Little Improvement to CFM
  8. Request for Option to Choose Weather
  9. High OVR Players Getting Cut by AI
  10. No Option to Re-Structure Contracts
Obviously they have limited resources, but many of these things were brought up last year and were not addressed. I know Sim QB Rushing Stats was a big thing for a lot of guys on here all of last year and it looks like they're finally working on it. Hopefully they'll prioritize more of these things before release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
MVP

Re: List of Franchise Beta Issues

• DB's in man coverage significantly pause when assigned to an auto-motion receiver, allowing him to easily become wide open, or being able to gain significant yardage on sweeps.
  • In no huddle situations, there is not adequate time to call defense.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Not everyone has access to the beta forums, but after looking back at Madden 19's beta forums it seems that they ignored a lot of the highly voted things in the feedback. This kind of stuff is a bit frustrating and I think it's good for everyone to have an idea of what was mentioned in the feedback so that when the game comes out we'll all know what they are working on and what they are ignoring. Also for reference, when reporting something in the beta forums their question is "How can we make Madden 20 better?" so it's not just focused on bug reporting. Here's a list of the top things in the franchise section.

CFM List
  1. Contract Structures Need to be Realistic (Top 10 OVR in the forums)
  2. Sim QB Rushing Stats - This has been passed along to the devs
  3. Too Many Fumbles
  4. NFL 100 Logo still on the ball in Year 2 of CFM
  5. No Updated Relocation Options
  6. Scenario Engine Lacks Depth
  7. Very Little Improvement to CFM
  8. Request for Option to Choose Weather
  9. High OVR Players Getting Cut by AI
  10. No Option to Re-Structure Contracts
Obviously they have limited resources, but many of these things were brought up last year and were not addressed. I know Sim QB Rushing Stats was a big thing for a lot of guys on here all of last year and it looks like they're finally working on it. Hopefully they'll prioritize more of these things before release.
I wouldn't want an option to choose our "own" weather during CFM games. To a certain degree, this might create disadvantages to either User or CPU teams. Instead, EA should make sure there is a wide variety of different weather conditions during each season's games.

On the other hand, an option to restructure contracts might be the most important one given the contracts in the game are now said to match real life. As indicated in some other forum already, this may cause severe salary cap issues for some teams/users, with contracts in later years rising significantly. Real life teams handle those with restructuring all the time. We should be able to do that in the game, too. However, I think there is no way we get this in this year.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 06-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
I wouldn't want an option to choose our "own" weather during CFM games. To a certain degree, this might create disadvantages to either User or CPU teams. Instead, EA should make sure there is a wide variety of different weather conditions during each season's games.

The way this works in other games like fifa is that the weather is randomly generated, but it can also be manually changed. Some seasons it feels like it's 90% rain so the option would be nice. As for the unfair advantages, Madden doesn't hardly have any weather-related gameplay mechanics so I'm not sure how that would affect the actual games.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #5
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I will reserve to many judgements about the beta since they could technically be holding things back, but history with EA has taught me to not be optimistic. So basically what all of us expected. Their so called "serious re-commitment" to franchise was balogne, and not much has changed outside of a shallow and poorly functioning scenario engine? Got it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Philly: let's say you are in Week 17 and need one win to get in the playoffs. Let's say you decide to manually choose a heavy snow weather for that game. Let's say it's a defensive slugfest, back-and-forth, as it should be. Let's say you are driving one last time to win the game. You need one last pass to get into field goal range. You throw a perfect pass... and your intended receiver slips and the ball sails over him. Game over. No playoffs. Wouldn't you be pissed at yourself for choosing the damn snow?

Or the other way, you know you suck in bad weather conditions (snow, rain, whatever). For a win-or-go-home game, would you deliberately choose a weather condition you know you're bad at? Now, maybe YOU would, but it's fair to assume there are tons of people who would not.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)

Last edited by Executor; 06-20-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, I would expect the Scenario engine to be beefed up and the simmed QB rushing stats to be fixed and that's it.

I actually disagree with the High OVR players getting cut as being an issue. I know that others feel differently, but I don't want my Franchise to mirror what happens in real life to a T. Barring the emotional attachment, players like Fitz, Eli, and Witten probably should be cut from their teams. If you want to add a icon status evaluation to the cutting mechanic then that's fine, but if it's not a part of the process then CPU teams should make the best decisions for their roster.

The fumbles are gameplay, and IMO mostly User error.

I don't think that the overhaul to the contract system is coming until next gen.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #8
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor

On the other hand, an option to restructure contracts might be the most important one given the contracts in the game are now said to match real life. As indicated in some other forum already, this may cause severe salary cap issues for some teams/users, with contracts in later years rising significantly. Real life teams handle those with restructuring all the time. We should be able to do that in the game, too. However, I think there is no way we get this in this year.
I can be down with the idea of being in control of weather. It seemed like every time I played another user in my league, it was either very rainy or a lot of snow.
In my own opinion, I felt like weather games somehow told you what you were in for. Those games always had sketchy thing happening to benefit the other user. Plus, in snow games, white jerseys weren't easy to play against with the snow graphics. Just a lot of disadvantages. Just my opinion. I'd love to turn off weather for atleast user vs user games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »