Home

Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #121
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I know it's not the crap(yes, I'm having fun) you mentioned, but I was thrilled to see the exterior shots outside the stadiums, hearing the new PA announcer and the new crowd swells during the beta, actually, I was pleasantly surprised.

Not exactly what you described, but definitely, baby steps.
How many more years of baby steps until Madden is caught up to where the competition is today? Moreover, once we're caught up, how far behind will we be to the improvements of the competition?

I don't know how anyone could be satisfied with baby steps year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #122
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I think Roadman & JoshC made excellent points on presentation. In all reality EA doesn't need the 4 letter Network to sell their product or have in their game. The 4 letter network is a joke the last 10yrs. I'm happy that EA is focused on game play & player movement this yr & trying to build & improve on.

Playing:
Old 06-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #123
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

What EA touts as major improvements to CFM in Madden 20 is the equivalent of a minor update patch by other sports games...

The fact that CFM feels less immersive today than franchise mode was in NFL 2K5/Madden 05' in the PS2 era should be a major cause for concern. Those games were made 15 years ago!
Old 06-26-2019, 11:02 AM   #124
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
What EA touts as major improvements to CFM in Madden 20 is the equivalent of a minor update patch by other sports games...

The fact that CFM feels less immersive today than franchise mode was in NFL 2K5/Madden 05' in the PS2 era should be a major cause for concern. Those games were made 15 years ago!
Yep, Franchise mode were best in Madden NFL 2003, 2004 and 2005 on ps2
Old 06-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #125
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
How many more years of baby steps until Madden is caught up to where the competition is today? Moreover, once we're caught up, how far behind will we be to the improvements of the competition?

I don't know how anyone could be satisfied with baby steps year after year.
Prove to me otherwise that they will have a big turnaround.

Expectations vs end results.

It surprises me that people feel EA Tibs has a quick turnaround and will splash big at one point after all these years.

Last edited by roadman; 06-26-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #126
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I think Roadman & JoshC made excellent points on presentation. In all reality EA doesn't need the 4 letter Network to sell their product or have in their game. The 4 letter network is a joke the last 10yrs. I'm happy that EA is focused on game play & player movement this yr & trying to build & improve on.
The problem is that every year "EA is focused on game play & player movement this yr & trying to build & improve on", then they scrap it and start all over. Every single year they remove a gameplay feature that they marketed heavily the year before. How exactly are they building when they continuously destroy? EA rarely fixes things. They just remove them. Same way they removed the target passes, game speeds, weapons, playmaker control, create a play, ability to move defensive linemen around presnap, QB juking in pocket, gang tackling, etc. And with the PS5 coming out next year, I don't know whether to be excited or highly worried.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #127
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
The problem is that every year "EA is focused on game play & player movement this yr & trying to build & improve on", then they scrap it and start all over. Every single year they remove a gameplay feature that they marketed heavily the year before. How exactly are they building when they continuously destroy? EA rarely fixes things. They just remove them. Same way they removed the target passes, game speeds, weapons, playmaker control, create a play, ability to move defensive linemen around presnap, QB juking in pocket, gang tackling, etc. And with the PS5 coming out next year, I don't know whether to be excited or highly worried.
I have no problem with them removing target passing, game speeds, weapons and playmaker control if the gameplay of the beta stays throughout the year.

I would call that a trade off I can deal with.

Other than that, you make some good points.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #128
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Prove to me otherwise that they will have a big turnaround.

Expectations vs end results.

It surprises me that people feel EA Tibs has a quick turnaround and will splash big at one point after all these years.
No one, and I mean no one expects them to make a big splash. That's the issue. They have an exclusive license that leaves the consumer with little to no options. This is an unique situation. If I want some tennis shoes, but I don't like the way Nikes fit on my feet, I can go buy some Adidas instead. If I want to shop online, but I don't agree with Amazon's business practices, I can go to Walmart. If I want a smartphone, but don't like Apple's ecosystem... you get the point.

As a football fan who wants to play with my favorite team, the only option I have is EA Sports' Madden. That is a bad thing. As consumers, we should be pro-consumer. The football gaming community shouldn't sit back and let EA build a dictatorship. We have to force them to better themselves and listen to the consumers. We have to have raise our signs high and march through the streets of Maitland, Florida! Through every valley and every crest, our chants will bellow across the land... "We want EA to not only build upon their strengths, but turn each and every one of their weaknesses into premium unleaded fuel for the engine behind their inspirations and motivations! This is not the end of Madden, but rather a new beginning!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »