Home

Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2019, 02:10 AM   #57
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Beta CFM Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
So write new code? Convert it to new tech? How the hell do they add anything to the game at all? Do these game features come with the "tech program" already pre made?

They have to design/create it, right? So do so. I mean, if the NHL team can do it, what's Madden devs excuse(s)? Iean, damn, most the features they don't even have to think up. It's all right there in past Maddens, HC09, NCAA14 (and NBA2K customization).

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Operation Sports mobile app

As someone who has worked in the IT world and software development for 15 years. There is so much work that goes into creating new code. I know it sounds so simple, but when the entire architecture that your old code is based on has changed you can't just copy and paste and hope it works. You can take the idea you had tied to that old code and hope that someone can construct something close to that unless you happen to have the same programmer on staff still. But in my experience, you rarely have the same programmers available and when you do they don't always know the new coding language you might be using.

So an example of how my company does things (some of our code is 30-40 years old) when I put in a request for a change/modify to something I need to have it go through a project manager or designer to estimate time to design,code and then test and if their is time regression testing. Once the number of hours has been determined it's given a priority with 5 being the slowest and 1 being urgent. So after the hours and priority are determined then someone can push it into the planning stage and determine what release said change will be included in.

Now that example is just my company and we don't develop video games so the times and internal structure are going to be different. But executives are executives no matter what company you work at. If they see something that estimates for 200 hours of work with a graded low priority it's not going to be pushed ahead of some game breaking bug that's 200 hours but a high priority. I don't know that EA follows this type of structure but I think we all can assume at this point that it's the higher ups that are preventing the features we want.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:16 AM   #58
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

This may have been mentioned in this thread, but did anyone notice the challenge system being fixed? Or at least improved.

I had a couple calls reversed on challenges that didn't seem to actually work last year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but seems like something was fixed there.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:41 AM   #59
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Another year, another pathetic CFM. Still a trillion legacy things we've literally begged for still ignored. No faith in this company to EVER return to glory.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:47 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, AJ explained last year that the old tech didn't jive with the new tech they implemented, so, that is why you don't see PS2 era FM stuff in this new era.
I'm not saying try to port anything over, I'm saying look at what those games did well and create it in the new game. And if the code is as terrible as they always make it out to be then they really should look into building something behind the scenes for a few years that will allow them to move on in the future more efficiently because what they are doing now is improving the game at a snails pace in most areas.

― Plato
Old 06-22-2019, 03:29 AM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It sounds so easy to write new code, I'm not a IT person, but we know Madden has miles and miles of legacy codes and coding dating to the late 80's or early 90'. My understanding is that if they tried to put the some of the old stuff with new tech, it would break another part of the game.

I recall Ian telling me it takes a long time to remove a line of code in Madden. Maybe that has changed since the Ian days, I don't know.

I don't know, only go by what I hear.
I hear you, Roadman. And I don't mean to sound like I'm lashing out at you, I'm just frustrated with CFM off the field, especially when you consider some of the features that were in older games. Then you hear/read what NHL team is doing .....like I said, frustrating.

I guess we just have to hope that if they are still set up to "share" tech (?) between studios and some of the features being implemented into NHL may find their way to Madden. Soon. Lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2019, 07:39 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
As I understand it, on Madden 19 sim stats were simulated for about 60 plays per team regardless of quarter time. Presumably that carries over.
ok. makes sense as to why they never added simulated minutes.
maybe the developers if they dont want to add simulated minutes maybe they should add simulated # of plays and base it on an average per quarter or something.

its about time they start thinking about the simulated m,minutes feature, every other sports games gives us simulated minutes, simulated innings. games have been doing this for more than decade now.

EA should know this, and understand that its a useful feature that is used by a number of gamers.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #63
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
This may have been mentioned in this thread, but did anyone notice the challenge system being fixed? Or at least improved.

I had a couple calls reversed on challenges that didn't seem to actually work last year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but seems like something was fixed there.
I noticed that it is updated slightly but I had a situation where the TE for the cpu clearly stepped out the back of the end zone came back in and caught a TD ...It was reviewed and you can clearly see his foot stepping out ...I chalked it up to it being the beta I hope it's not the norm...
Old 06-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #64
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
I hear you, Roadman. And I don't mean to sound like I'm lashing out at you, I'm just frustrated with CFM off the field, especially when you consider some of the features that were in older games. Then you hear/read what NHL team is doing .....like I said, frustrating.

I guess we just have to hope that if they are still set up to "share" tech (?) between studios and some of the features being implemented into NHL may find their way to Madden. Soon. Lol

And I didn't think you were lashing out.

I get it, understand it and respect because CFM is lacking.

I just try to offer what I hear, even without any IT experience and I'm just glad the Sphinx has the IT experience to kind of back me on hearsay.

Edit- By the way Timisone, you can go on and on all you want with your rage on CFM because of the lack of features, but if you haven't spent time on the beta, your opinion is wrong on game play with the beta. Smooth as silk with a rush and there is no denying that.

Last edited by roadman; 06-22-2019 at 10:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »