Home

Create Your Own Scenario [Scenario Suggestions]

This is a discussion on Create Your Own Scenario [Scenario Suggestions] within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2019, 10:35 AM   #57
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Create Your Own Scenario [Scenario Suggestions]

"The Starsky & Hutch"

Scenario Overview:
Two players that are responsible for the same "general area" on the field are producing/performing well together. Examples of possible tandems:

Both Safeties
CB1 & FS
CB2 & SS
In a 3-4 Scheme - Both MLBs (or one MLB and the OLB on his side)
In a 4-3 Scheme - Both DTs (or a DT and the DE on his side)
On the OL - C & G, RG & RT, LG & LT

Trigger:
The Two players' cumulative stats are above average/excellent given that particular stat's standards. Similar to discovering a hidden dev trait, these two are required to play a certain amount of snaps together.

What happens:
• One of the two players in question comes into the Coaches office and says something along the lines of:

"Hey coach, I feel like (the FS) and I (CB1) are a really effective duo out there. Keeping us together may be a good choice for the defense."
From that point on:

1). +5 morale, Increase in fundamental attributes (AWR/PRC/ZCV/etc) for each player involved as long as they start games together.

2). If Events cause them to be seperated:
- Roster Adjustment
-Trade
- Injury
- Retirement

Going into the Next Game - The individual who voiced the scenario (or both players) suffer a -5 Morale.

What is Tracked:
• The Stats of two potential guys as a whole, much like the game pools together the Players stats as "Team Stats".

Additonal Notes:
• Once the Scenario Triggers, the players in question must start games together consecutively.

• The Bonus will remain active until the end of that particular season.

• Once those conditions are not met, the scenario buffs are gone and the Morale penalties are applied.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #58
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Scenario: "Going with the Hot Hand"

Triggers:
  • The starter at a position has been out injured for 3+ weeks and is returning
  • The backup is within, say, 5 overall points of the starter
  • The team is on a 3 or more game winning streak

Choices/Effects:
  • Keep the backup in. He gets a morale boost and kicks off a branching scenario (see below). Starter takes a significant morale hit.
  • Put the starter back in. Backup takes a small morale hit and there is no branching scenario.

Branching scenario:
If you choose to stick with the hot hand, he has an opportunity to increase his dev trait based on stat goals which will vary by position.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:38 PM   #59
Rookie

DatsunDimer's Arena

Hometown Discount

Scenario Overview:
Player is willing to take a discount by agreeing to an extension in his next to last year.

Trigger Criteria:
The player would be coming off a productive season, potentially including a Pro Bowl appearance. The player would be Star or Normal development with a rating between 80-90.

What Happens?:
Player is a very productive member of the team but without the notoriety of Superstar or Superstar X-Factor.

What Is Tracked:
Awards and stats based on previous season(s). This player should most likely have been drafted by his current team.

What Happens:
For a first contract player, they would come to management asking for an extension at a discounted rate. This contract would probably be a 4 year extension and would most likely result in the player seeking free agency after the extension.

Additional Notes:
I think it would be an interesting to have a penalty of no development increase during the extension time. I think otherwise there is little balance to the extension.

*9/11/19: I could also see the Hometown Discount event trigger when cutting off negotiations with a 30+ veteran. Adding a year to the original fair offer but at a significant reduction in salary?

Last edited by DatsunDimer; 09-11-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:01 PM   #60
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Scenario name: Wait your turn

Scenario description: when playing as a player or coach if you don't get any offers you can sim until you get one.

Trigger criteria: when you get cut, fired, or released as either a coach or player.

What happens: you get informed that you're no longer in the teams future plans. Options given are retire or SIM until an offer is made. If within one year you get no offers you are forced to retire anyway.

This will alleviate being forced to retire when logically you could get another offer as a player or coach.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #61
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

I made a couple mock-ups to visualize how integrating authentic roster management into scenarios could look. I feel like this is what Big Decisions always should have been and I think it's a good opportunity to be able to use parts of franchise as a teaching tool to help casual and new NFL fans understand how teams manage their roster while also giving some more authenticity and depth for the hardcore/experienced users.

Waiver Wire

Restricted Free Agent

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #62
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

I love the ideas and work here.

But man, not in the scenario engine in its current form. They have to change this thing to a more integrated and graphical approach. It’s just so Basic and boring

Clicking through multiple texts massages is just a horrible... It’s 1990s video games Oregon trail level.

They can do this way better in 21,had this type scenerios in head coach 09. The scenerios would pop up as a graphic to review that was much more interesting and connected feel, and then based on your decision, Adam Schefter would pop up and talk about what you did. It was just, well, designed as it was an important part of the game.

They have taken this “everything twitter” approach because it’s the easiest to code and to execute but it’s far far from any immersion. News is junk and doesn’t even work and that should be integrated into the engine as well.

If you sign someone to a 5th year option the scenario should kick off and someone should talk and animate about it .. not put up another text tweet.

Just bare minimum effort here
Old 11-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Deuce;

Always, great suggestions to keep the suggestion box full for CFM. I loved how you addressed it on Twitter.

Also agree that in it's current state, it's dry and boring, but text messaging is probably hitting the target audience and anything above and beyond text messaging might not be in the financial budget.

Pure speculation on this end.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:35 AM   #64
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

Since scenarios are one if the things EA is looking to improve next year i thought it might be a good idea to resurrect this thread so maybe they can be seen or sent to the devs.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »