Home

Gridiron Notes June 21 QB Throwing Styles

This is a discussion on Gridiron Notes June 21 QB Throwing Styles within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2019, 09:10 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Gridiron Notes June 21 QB Throwing Styles

Quote:
Passing to the left or right, which will require the QB to alter his feet, will be slightly longer animations. For a right-handed QB, throwing to the left will be the longest throwing motion, while for a left-handed QB, throwing to his right will be the longest.
This right here! I never even thought to bring this up because I never thought they would touch throws, much less differentiate between left or right field throws!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2019, 09:15 PM   #42
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yes but if you normalize for the fact that that game was released some 15 years ago it’s not even close.
How and why would I do that? Feels like a deliberate moving the goal posts designed to make someone unhappy. I know what Madden 08 was because I played it. I know what Madden 19 is because I'm still playing it. I think it's plenty fair to evaluate what those two games each respectively did well and poorly on what they actually are.

I'm not going to respond to the "realism" question here because it's not directly relevant to the direct comparison of Skills Trainer and Minicamp, which is all I actually discussed. I think I'm actually going to create another thread about some of the stuff discussed here because we've all (myself included; sorry :-\ ) ventured wildly off-topic from the QB throwing animations changes in Madden 20.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:16 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Oh wait...well here's my one gripe. Every single starter is gonna have at least the slightly less quick package. Well now we're right back where we started lol. Every team will feel the same, unless we can edit the throw styles.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:19 PM   #44
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSail
Oh wait...well here's my one gripe. Every single starter is gonna have at least the slightly less quick package. Well now we're right back where we started lol. Every team will feel the same, unless we can edit the throw styles.

Did you play the beta? None of the teams I used felt the same. I used the Packers, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns, Panthers, Bucs, Steelers, Ravens,Seahawks, and Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2019, 12:08 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I do see his point. The big thing this year was to make teams/players all feel different. Then they go and make every team's QB have the same release speed. I get it is for balance purposes, but you have to admit it is a bit funny considering what they are attempting to do with this year's game. I do wish the releases of all QB's in the game including generated QB's were done in a better way.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 12:50 AM   #46
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Foles certainly doesn’t have a quick throwing motion. But I wouldn’t say it’s extra long/slow. I’ve seen many QBs who have a throwing motion similar to foles and no one bats an eye. I think Goff has a drawn out throwing motion. Hell even mahomes has a bit drawn out motion.

I think it’s one of those things that gets brought up once and just sticks to a guy. The term “quick release” is another one that gets thrown around to often. I’ve seen commentators talk about a guy having a quick release and I just shake my head. It’s almost a generic term imo. Just a fancy phrase that a commentator can lean on.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:02 AM   #47
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
The Good Morning Football guys would be great, and probably not as expensive as Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless and the like.

I haven’t seen the football guys, but don’t even mention sharpe and Bayless. Lol. Sharpe’s mouth never stops moving and bayless doesn’t know anything about sports. Lol. I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with anything out of bayless’s mouth, so I really hope they wouldn’t pick him. Lol.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:09 AM   #48
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
lol first off, careful what you're googling. Secondly, I totally get that. He is slow, but I think it's crazy how they chose to differentiate between Qb's and the best they came up with was:
  • Tier 1 - 1 QB
  • Tier 2 - 34+ QB's
  • Tier 3 - 1 QB
Like what's the point of differentiating if basically everyone is the exact same? How is that worth the effort?

Yeah, I agree with that. It’d be cool if every qb had their own specific time. They could actually time their releases from game footage. Take a large enough sample size and take an avg or something, and make the generic release time for that qb. It’s all going to be pretty close, though, when u think about it. Even Foles animation probably won’t be that bad. And, ultimately, even scrubs in the nfl release the ball quickly enough. So, I suppose from their perspective, they’re giving a select few QBs to have the fastest possible, which actually might be accurate, honestly.

I guess it would be great to see as much differentiation as possible, but honestly, what’s the difference in time, here? Every qb has a release time of what, 1-2s? Lol. I mean, you’d have to get into nano seconds to differentiate. Idk, the more I think about it, it doesn’t seem like a major issue, actually. It’s actually amazing that madden is even differentiating QBs this much in 2019.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »